• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Defence Tanks

airbornedude101

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
In World War 2, The Germans used "defence tanks" They were hulls of real tanks with no threads and they had a left over cannon as their main gun. They were towed into combat and left their until an enemy armor unit came by, I saw tanks like this in a WW2 Tank Sale posted on WW2AIRSOFT Forums. The tanks in real life were heavily used, I'm sure their are recordings of them using old left over guns. Now I'm thinking....

In some maps the Germans need to defend stuff, so why not use my idea? The German noobs like me could hide inside a defence tank, fool Russians into thinking it was a map prop and blow 'em to pieces. They would be easy to use and could have one crew member, anybody agree?

The Patherturm-solution works better.

Boy howdy does it work. I still remember the first time I ran into that thing.

But yeah, the problem with the OP's suggestion is that after the map is played a few time, everyone will know the location of the tanks. If it's not manned or not firing, it's dead. On BlackDayJuly, however you can get away with playing "dead" sometimes, as there's a lot of burned out map props there, and it's easy to confuse them.

Upvote 0