• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

nVidia GeForce 7900GS

Geogaddi

Dec 17, 2008
Redditch, UK
Hi Guys,

I've got a little problem that i'm really hoping you can help out with.

I'm used to playing RO though an ATi card, my old one was pretty cool and ran 1280x1024 RO on average size maps at about 30fps. An acceptable speed for me as a non-clan, casual player. I've been playing RO since forever really, even before it was called RO! :)

Anyway, I'm stuck with my old PC until i get enough money to buy a new setup and it's AGP not PCi-E, so i decided to get this GeForce 7900GS xFx card because all the reviews said that it was "the" card that pushed AGP right up to it's limits.

Well, ever since installing and using this card, games like HalfLife2, Trackmania, Brothers in Arms etc, the performance has improved! (only slightly, but that was all i was expecting really).

But RO is UNPLAYABLE! I'm getting about 5 frames per second! Even if I drop the Rez down to 1200x800 etc!

I always knew that RO was more geared towards ATi cards, but good god! I didn't realise just how bad the experience was going to be on this nVidia card!

The card is the xFx GeForce 7900GS 512mb AGP model.
Basically i'm after a little bit of help guys, some expertese:confused:
Has anyone else had/getting this problem? Are there any fixes i could try? I'm going mad not being able to play RO! Withdrawals!! Cheers all.

Geo.