• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Material on Napoleon?

Jono

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2005
I'm looking for some resources to study Napoleon, both his military side and his actions taken in domestic policy. Does anybody have any good pages they could link me to? Or perhaps any books you could recommend.

Cheers,
Jono

You would probably have to find this book either at a university library or special order it:

Owen Connelly, French Revolution, Napoleonic Era, published by Holt, Rinehart, Winston, New York, 1979. (372 pages).

Provides a basic introduction to Napoleon's domestic policies and the Napoleonic Wars.

First 182 pages covers the French Revolution.

You may also want to check the writings of the famous American Historian R.R. Palmer, although his focus as a scholar seems to have been the French Revolution and not the Napoleonic Era.

Upvote 0
Phew, sorry I hadn't responded to this in a while- been really busy recently.

Anyway, thanks for the responses. The French Revolution, Napoleonic Era is exactly what I had in mind but I've got to source it and then somehow get it delivered to Nigeria. A man can dream can't he?

Cheers,
Jono

Upvote 0