• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Major UT3 update coming

Turd? The game itself is great. Looks great, runs great if you have an appropriate machine (and with a bad rig there are still the HOLP packs) and the gameplay is pretty much top notch. It's things like the settings for instant action not being saved and having to tweak the game in the .ini because the in-game options are too simplistic. The server browser is severely lacking, etc. What's bad about UT3 is almost all in the stuff around the actual game. A LOT of those issues seem to be adressed by this patch and the main game is going to get expanded by that Titan pack.
Even if this is only going to lure in a few new people (maybe people who listen to word of mouth, because that's were the game was critisiced most. Critics rated it rather highly) it may still be reaon enough for a bunch of players who already have the game but stopped playing to go back to it.

Even if the patch does nothing for the community than to patch up and expand the game (ie. the playerbase stays the same) it's still a great move by Epic.

@Marion: You can use this program for UT3 tweaks in the meanwhile. Seems like the patch will make it obsolete. :)
http://files.filefront.com/UT3+Tweaker+Version+50/;9675524;/fileinfo.html
It's basically a graphical interface for you so you don't have to dig around in inis yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well said murph - i much prefer the feel of UT3 to 2k4 ( it's more like '99 for me although it's still not quite as good)

However i do have to play it without AA in dx9...

The only thing that bothered me about it was waiting for players to ready-up, you could wait ages for a match to start.
I dunno if this was a server thing - it seemed to happen often - in any case this shouldn't be allowed to happen. I only scanned though the changelog so i dunno if the wait time is being reduced - but i hope so.

Upvote 0
as someone who played the demo a fair chunk and enjoyed it i purchased the game to install it and then my attention got grabbed by other games and that was it havent played it again.

The UI was abysmall considering how awesome the ut2k4 multiplayer and interface was. I know that the dedicated server side of things was also embarasingly bad (talking to guys for GSP's).

This will make me reinstall the game and give it a bash again.

Upvote 0