• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWII game for goofing around online??

fivetiger

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2006
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a WWII game that would be perfect for when my friends and I just want to mess around without other players.

The game needs to run well on older systems (friends have a 6 year old Dimension and 3 year old Dell laptop)

We used to play Medal of Honor together. Something like that would be nice, but would be even better if we could have bots shooting at us as well.

Ideally, we would like to make a passworded server, and fill the extra slots with competent bots (ie, not RO bots).

What about Day of Defeat:Source? We could all download that from Steam for $10 and play tonight. Is that game anything like what I'm asking for?

Thanks for your advice.

You need the expansion! HnD2 doesn't have co-op.

What about the ww2 part of the Finish Defense Forces mod for Operation Flashpoint?

As for Battlefield 1942: If you don't like the bots in RO you won't like the ones in BF1942 either. Battlefield Vietnam bots are equally horrid.
Battlefield 2 has relatively good bots and there is a ww2 mod for it (Forgotten Hope 2) but I'm not sure how well that runs on your friend's 6 year old calculation slave.

Upvote 0
Well, that would be BF1942. There is an abundance of basecamping, teamkilling, kamikaze tactics, wingclipping, and fooling around in that game, so much that basecamping, teamkilling, going kamikaze, and fooling around yourself is much more fun than playing the game "normally".

Hmmmm.... it's been 5 - 6 years... might reinstall it just for ****s and giggles. :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is the Tweedle 24/7 Wake server still running for BF1942? If so, I might just reinstall it and go to town.

That stuff was so fun. For kicks I used to just not use any weapons at all with the Zero and just kill infantry by wingclipping. Of course then you have to watch out for the crack bazooka troopers. Also, loading up jeeps with detpacks and using them as anti-tank weapons was the best ever.

BF1942 is great for the ridiculous over-the top stuff. It's a good combination of "realism" and arcady gameplay.

Upvote 0
I can't get Hidden and Dangerous to load up on my computer, but I'm still working on it.

I've been playing RtCW:ET with the Fritzbot mod, but still stuck on one problem. I can host a game with bots, but I don't know how to tell anyone how to join a Fritzbot server. My server name doesn't appear on the standard RtCW:ET server list, and Fritzbot doesn't seem to have a "Join" option; only host.

Anyone know how to join Fritzbot servers?

Upvote 0