• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Consolidation?

-[SiN]-bswearer

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2008
with the recent events surrounding clans moving away from RO, going inactive from competition etc..... i've really begun to have a realization about this stage in the clan aspect of RO. i think it is safe to say that there are still plenty of players that wish to play in some sort of clan competition. however, a large number of players find themselves in clans that are either no longer active in RO or clans that are just finding it too difficult to field teams for matches.

suggestion.....players that need clans, there are still plenty of clans both NA and EU that are actively playing RO and are looking for more players. clans that are lacking in numbers, perhaps merge with another clan in the same situation to form a new clan. i think everyone would agree that it would be better to see 20-25 (hypothetical number) active clans with FULL rosters playing 10v10 matches every week than 50 (again hypothetical) clans with more than half of them only having less than 10 active players and maybe playing one scrim or match in say a month's time.

zets, your expertise might come in handy here.....it might be nice to have an updated list of active clans that still play/compete and have at least 15 active members, and a list of clans that are essentially inactive and might be considering a merger.....maybe that way, players looking for clans and clans looking for more players or a merger will be able to see where everything stands.....this could even go for both regular clans and realism units alike....

and for all those individuals out there who have been thinking about joining a clan or unit, now would be a great time to see just how much fun it is to play as part of something rather than having to pub all the time.

Merges are there or atleast players keep moving to make alive clans with advantages of those and the disadvantages.

Thing is most clans probably dont just want to merge to become alive. They need to personally know the clans and the players must be liking each other.

Thats why i think a list of clans that might have a weak status or whatever is not going to help. Together with that clans are often not showing clearly they arent doing to well. So its impossible to make a clear list of things.

Most members of clans that really gave their best to stay alive and didnt succeed find a new clan for themselves within say a week or for all of their guys. Just compare say the departure of lkgo and now the creation of alc.

The issue is not that teams dont have enough players in my opinion the issue is there is not a large stream in from newer players into clanplay, with older players being somewhat worn out.

A tiny bit of skill difference makes a huge impact on a clans play. In 1 week of practise a team can litterarily be 2 times as strong as before due to the tactical options. This makes for the problematic issue that every team only got even though there are still about 40+ active clans around, there are often only like 5 clans that can offer a team a fair battle without knowing the end result before entering battle. The top teams can only play the top getting even better and making the skill gap even bigger, while eventually the 4 -5 teams you can play can wear out.

In the end people won't really leave a clan often till they really feel its dead, and that realisation will take a while, especially when teams still have a chance to get members. People know when the time is right for them, and its mostly personal for those members needing to considerate it themselves.

Discussion on the matter is good, but i wont make a list about what i've seen and think since i feel that for making internal issues public i would need the consent of the clanleaders at least.

Upvote 0
Jep but more like recruiting public players and training them. There are as well still quite some good pubs out that often dont want to join a team. Although if asking them a bit more and just getting them to try out under a trial they might like it.

The people that want to play ro in a clan will find their way, the issue is we need more people that want to do that ^^. With ways to make it easier for starting clans.

Upvote 0
Well, I just bought this game yesterday. I honestly had never heard about it before and I am a big time gamer , and have been for more years than I care to share!

I'm extremely interested in finding a squad that is still active.

I have played WW2: Battleground Europe off and on since 2001 and heard about this game from that community. I'm interested only in playing Axis. I'll go ahead and post to other threads, but I just wanted to share that there is still new blood trickling in.

S!
Lev

Upvote 0