• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grand Theft Auto IV - Mega Thread - Potential SPOILERS

is popping up an issue on the pc? i didnt think it was that bad on the ps3 though watching a friend on the 360 it was much worse. also woo posting on my psp heh

popping.jpg

Uhm not really an issue, funny thing that Rockstar claimed that only the German version is so messed up ...

Upvote 0
Speaking of glitches I saw a funny one today (playing it on my 360 on a 42 inch HDTV :p).

I was near the gas station in the starting island and I didn't see exactly what happened there but I hear a few gun shots and then an explosion. So I look over at the station and there's a car which has exploded and another on fire right amongst the pumps. What was extremely funny is that with all this going on the AI cars from the road kept pulling into the station to the pumps as they are scripted to do. Each in turn being blocked and set alight by burning wrecks and then exploding themselves.

It ended up being an epic pile of destroyed vehicles, with more and more continually adding themselves to it, so epic in fact that the game ground to an unplayable framerate when viewing this mess and the gas station was blocked with burning wrecks right up to the entrance. And yes, the AI cars were still trying to go in.

I wish there were some way I could have recorded it.

Upvote 0
any else got issues with PC version multiplayer? i mean i can waste about an hour before i can actually get in a game, and play some time before being disconnected for various reasons ("removed from a game"; "slow internet connection" or smth etc) . It is extremely difficult to even get in a server. Example: browser shows server has 21/32 players and are currently in lobby, i join (if i can get in and not get thrown back to server browser) it shows me as the only person in the server and as a host. I mean, isnt there a refresh capability or smth because it seems that it shows old server info. Also filters dont seem to work, as i enable filter "join in progress:enabled" and choose a server with game in progress i still cant get in. Anyway, there's shi*loads problems with the multiplayer, and the server browser is pisspoor console crap.

Upvote 0
Just received my (re-ordered) copy of GTA4 from play.com. Did Rockstar already change the whole securom/windows live/etc. **** or does it still take like an hour to install the game(as I've read in a review)? Can't wait to see how it runs on my PC/new laptop. Haven't really played anything for two months now, this game however seems like a must-play to me :)

Upvote 0
Just received my (re-ordered) copy of GTA4 from play.com. Did Rockstar already change the whole securom/windows live/etc. **** or does it still take like an hour to install the game(as I've read in a review)? Can't wait to see how it runs on my PC/new laptop. Haven't really played anything for two months now, this game however seems like a must-play to me :)
Absolutely rocks on the PS3. I have been playing this game on and off since its April 2008 console release and I still haven't got tired of it or stopped to be amazed at the amount of detail they put in the city.

I just hope it runs ok on your pc since, as you can see in this thread, there seems to be a lot of ****ty issues with the bad-port, err, PC version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so after I finally got it to run(after installing Vista Service Pack 1, installing games for windows live, installing social club, installing gta4, downloading & instailing gfw live update, downloading & installing social club/gta4 update, registration for social club and reactivating gfw-live account and then activating the game), my first impression of the game after 10-20minutes: Best game I've ever played. I've NEVER seen a game with so much detail before. People sitting on the street smoking or reading the newspapers, the awesome euphoria physics, etc. etc. Awesome!

And best thing is while on my notebook it runs rather poorly I also installed it on PC today and it runs awesome at highest settings and 1280x1024! :D

Upvote 0