• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint Thread.

hi, i only got the original ofp patched up to 1.46. which of the above mods/addons work with that version? i think ill need resistance for most of them anyway, right?
what bothers me is that the guns dont really shoot where i am aiming. there is no bullet drop as advertised in the manual and wind doesnt seem to affect accuracy, either. the m21 for example always shoots a little to the left and up which can really be annoying at different distances and the m16 always shoots slightly above where the front post is. is this common and is there any fix for that issue?

oh and is there a way to make chopper flying less arcardey? i dont want my chopper to automatically keep the same distance from the ground, i want to fly it myself

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's wierd, my M21 shoots a bit to the right :eek:

But maybe it's because I have Resistance and it patches itself.

Just get OFP GOTY (Game of the Year) edition. It comes with original, red hammer, and resistance. Finding resistance alone is like impossible for some reason. So worth it, best game ever!

Btw, does anyone know of any mods like WGL that makes the armor combat as realistic as possible? WGL is GREAT for realism, but I just want to make sure i'm not missing anything, I like using armor in OFP. Also bugs me that they used the T72 model for the T72 and the T90 in WGL, but the bwmod used special t90 model, but the bwmod doesn't really focus on realism.

Oh and I mean like realistic MODERN armor combat mods like WGL. I tried Libmod hoping it would be good for ww2 armor combat, but I shot a t-34 in the rear with a flak 18 at point blank range literally 15 times and it comes back and shoots me. THAT was a wdf moment! :confused:

Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As many of you, I got in the FPS trough OF, but normally played the game campaigns.
I normally play as Soviet, so I got Red Hammer...
I was very disapointed... the Soviets kill civilians, you desert and join the resistance and then you get in a series of Rambo missions where you have to defeat alone the whole Red Army...
Resistance is incredible. The introducing video is just propaganda, the first time I saw it I couldnt believe, the second I vomited...
Again you get involved in a series of Rambo missions taking out entire soviet bases alone...
Then arrives a point where a civilians` rescue mission starts with a height error so you start already wounded and the mission is impossible to achieve...
Don

Upvote 0
Russians have a long and prestigious history of killing and raping wherever they go in uniform - but I agree, I don't enjoy having those kind of story elements forced on me just because I'm not playing as the Yew Ess of Ay.

In Resistance however, we're talking about the establishment of a Communist puppet state. You can't deny that Communists have used brute and indiscriminate force to subdue reactionary resistance. The opening scene where the Russians try to kill the man hiding in your barn might be better if the soldiers coming to interrogate you were instead civilians like you but wearing red armbands and neckers and stuff. Partisans vs. partisans would make for interesting moral questions when weighing ideology against nationality, but instead BIS gave us the Big Bad Boris Bear and his soullless fireing squads.

Upvote 0
Actually, the forces you are fighting in OFP ARE Russians, but they arent from any government.
They are led by general Guba, who broke off with the Cremlin and used this army for his own agenda, apart from Moscow's wishes etc.
So imo the Russians in OFP aren't representing the 'official' Soviet army, though they splintered of from there. They are Guba's shockforce, and by being cut off from any governmental ties (and thus not getting many back-up) they take up a brutal stand to crush any resistance.

*Possible spoiler for Red Hammer*
The reason Dimitri Luking actually deserts from this shockforce is because he finds out he isn't doing anything usefull for his Motherland, but rather something detrimental because the Soviets will be put in a bad spotlight for this affair. Most soldiers don't even know they arent fighting for Moscow, but just for Guba's personal agenda.*

Besides, the reason Dmitri has to go on missions solo after a while in RH campaign after his desertion is rather logical tbh.
He is an ex-Specnaz soldier, it is his job to function alone behind the lines. Besides, who would back him up? He's fighting for a civilian resistance from that point on, they dont have the expertise to do what he does.

The same goes for missions in Resistance. Yeah, those missions are hard. But they are because your a civilian force fighting against trained soldiers who have superior weapons, numbers, armour etc. The only one with real combat experience is Victor Troska, and he is sick of it.
But one thing to keep in mind is that when soldiers die in Resistance, they dont carry over to the next mission. So if you lose all your soldiers in one mission, the next few missions might put you against the enemy on your own, untill more civilians join the resistance to give you more back-up again. Keeping your soldiers alive is crucial, because unlike the Soviets and Americans, they dont have an 'endless' supply of soldiers.

Upvote 0
Sounds like everyday life in L.A.

Oooooooooooooooooh, ouch! :D

So today, I went on a downloading spree for OFP. I dl'd mines, planes, all kinds of stuff! But one thing that surprised me is that I couldn't find an American aircraft carrier on filefront, which is wierd cuz I dl'd the F/A-18 Hornet from there. Anyone see an aircraft carrier anywere?

Upvote 0
As many of you, I got in the FPS trough OF, but normally played the game campaigns.
I normally play as Soviet, so I got Red Hammer...
I was very disapointed...

IIrc, while the highly enjoyable Resistance was developped by BI, Red Hammer was developped by Codemasters itself. Hence the fact it's an inferior product. Like OF2 ;)

Upvote 0
LOL, that is pretty bad, it makes no sense too, it's like the Spec Op guys sneak up plug two Chinese soldiers and then get spotted and run like girls. Only to then hold up in the most obvious bit of cover at the end, they were ****ed truly at the end the PLA was just surrounding them. You gotta keep moving in a situation like that damnit!!!

Upvote 0
Red Hammer was actually not half bad. Since it's only a mission pack, it looks a bit slim compared to the actual expansion, of course. Russians eating various shades of babies was basically the gist of all OFP titles. At least it worked somewhat, unlike the DRAMATIC TWIST! in ArmA ;)

Such threads bring back fond memories... the later missions were a bit heavy on the "steal an unlocked chopper" side for me, and some weird scenario where a rescue mission ended up with me in a BMP-1 trying to outrace a Hind. The officer assassination was a classic though :)

Upvote 0