• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fault Error on Cedega

srmcatee

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2007
I have followed the instructions in the post for running RO under Cedega on Linux.

When I launch the app I get a page fault error. I'm on Ubuntu 8. I've been unsuccessful getting it to run before on prior Ubuntu versions.

I set the debug and I am getting this error. I looked on Cedega and cannot find any reference to it. Any ideas?

0025:err:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loading of native DLL C:\Program Files\Steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll failed, check this file ! (GetLastError 0)

Steam is not natively supported on Linux, however many users choose to run Steam with loaders such as Wine. If you are experiencing this error with a loader, you may want to disable the Steam Community Overlay in Steam's settings. Since Linux is not supported, disabling the feature is most likely a permanent workaround. For instructions on how to disable the Steam Community Overlay, please see the The Steam Community guide.

Thats from the steam support page, and it looks like your having problems with the overlay.

Upvote 0