• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad =IcM= is Recruiting

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
=IcM= Is recruiting! (Yes thats why this post is here)
=IcM= has been around for a bit got a nice varied bunch of players from all over Europe. We're an English speaking clan, that generally joins every ladder/league/tournament for this game as long as its offering fair rules for us to compete in as an European clan.

In "realism" games we picked the allies side cause of lack of allies in tournaments and picked the 8th Guards Rifle Corps as our second clanname for the need of a realistic unit from ww2. Although we currently don't participate in any realism campaign because there don't seem to be any generally active realism campaigns that show activity.

We got members of all sorts of ages, generally we have some sort of a minimum age of 18 years. Although younger people that show the ability to be mature and over their period of puberty can join too. Although this does not mean that you always have to be serious, since we're not either :D.

There are no clan leaders in IcM and decisions happen by a majority vote, although with matches a temporarily match leader is chosen which can change on a per map basis. Everybody is equal here wether you're a member for 2 weeks or have been a member for some years.

Our emphasisis lies on team work and generally having fun together, although lately were starting to become more serious with improving against our competition. Although we're still in the beginning of this phase with no set playerbase, so it won't be like people suddenly dropping in a fully developed clan where everybody knows and understands every movement of another.

Our "trial" consists of a period of meet and greet where poeple generally see how much one likes each other. We're an pretty active clan, although activety is slightly lower than normal now since quite some people are on vacation, of course even if we play loads of matches during a week, you are not obligatory to show up for every match or whatever, you play when you cannot play.

We're recruiting for all sorts of players although especially people specializing in SMG's are in the need.

We've got our own colocated quad core server, on which we can add every game we can find a dedicated server off. Atm we run two servers for RO one for public and one for matches, since we cannot be on more than one server at the same time anyway. Although because of having our own owned server we do require members to help paying for the server fees, although with all of our members contributing its a pretty small amount.

To end this ill quote a bit about the creation of this clan :D:

=IcM= Who the hell are they???
That’s a good question, and to answer it a bit of history.

Three guys (Mental, Custard and Winters) who had grown so old and become so physically ravaged they couldn’t keep up with anyone else, decided to form their own clan for retired gamers, sort of like a donkey sanctuary for abused animals. With the stated aim of having fun and not being leet (like they had a choice) they set about recruiting like minded and similarly incapacitated players to join their (often drunken) merry band.

Andy1D, Madame TK and Fuji are all that remain of the initial batch of no hopers, these were joined over time by rejects from DR, Wolfhound, The Duke, Schultz, Sn!p, Flook, Dew . The assimilation of the dregs of gaming continued as ex DaDs stalwarts (with emphasis on the warts) Lord Bamber, Scooter, Beefy and Tenderfoot joined the fold. The current crop of players was completed when Squidward was dragged kicking and screaming from the dark side of SWE and chained to a post until his small brain had been sufficiently washed.

In terms of gaming, Medal of Honour Allied Assault was the foundation stone of the Clan. As time went by, the popularity of the game with other clans within the community abated, (probably as a result of the whupping handed out by IcM) and interest began to wane with some members of IcM too.

Red Orchestra, a good proportion of the clans regular players quickly became addicted, and IcM had found a game that complemented MOHAA insofar as it maintained the WWII interest, whilst providing a completely different style of play.

And now IcM are moving on with all games, recruiting drives have started for all games, with a number of potential members talking to the clan and playing with them on a regular basis to ensure that both sides are happy with the arrangements.

The clan is run on a hybrid of communist/hippy ideology, with no Clan Leader or ranking structure. All members are encouraged to help out by offering whatever skills they possess, either in game, technically, or as councilling to the one or two highly strung individuals still struggling manfully to avoid apopyleptic seizures.

So what of the future? Well one of two things could happen, IcM could grow to a size capable of challenging IBM and Microsoft, or we could have another drink and go on a server raid, time will tell.
"Here we are ALL Equal"

if interested sign up on our forums section at www.icm-clan.com

Last edited:
Since the unjust closure of our original wonderful mega thread by the almighty powers that be, we've given up on this forum pretty much, but still a small reminder:

<cue circus music>
=IcM= seeks Red Orchestra players over 18.​

That's pretty much all to it.

Greeting from the bearers of the esteemed and prestigeous "RO:Ladder - Most active clan November 2008" award.

Upvote 0
Greetings, Zetsumei!

Or, since we are mainly a Russian team...

Здравствуйте. Меня зовут Рурик. Я немного понимаю по-русски.

However this is an English clan and I'd like to introduce myself. :)

I've played Red Orchestra since it was an Unreal Tournament mod. I was off and on to the game, since when I was younger I would get frustrated when my "leet" tactics weren't working in a far more realistic shooter. As I aged, of course, I became more skilled and more conscious of my character and how I played the game. It wasn't until I bought a real Mosin Nagant (soon followed by many more Mosins, which is apparently a disease dubbed "Mosinitis". :D ) that I had an appreciation for full-strength rifle rounds and their accuracy.

I've been wanting to join a clan as of late, since I mostly just browse the servers and jump into any mixed game. I attempt to be a team player, but often times my fellow team mates are more worried about themselves than the rest of us. I'd like a chance to play some solid, team-based games of RO, and I suppose I could start here.

Consider this my application. *submit*

Upvote 0