• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best of 2008

Best of 2008

• Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Audiosurf

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Call of Duty: World at War

• Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

• Civilization IV: Colonization

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crysis Warhead

• Fallout 3

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Far Cry 2

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Grand Theft Auto IV

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Left 4 Dead

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Prince of Persia

• Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Spore

• Total voters
thats not the point, the point is to judge the things that were released in 2008, if not, you are saying that Portal was the best game ever, and then we would be voting for the best things ever, and in that case I would say RO
Why? The games of 08 were crap. And I'm not saying that portal was the best game ever (although it's still a damned good one), I'm just saying that 2008 was...less then spectaular when it came to it's releases.

L4D is pretty kickass, especially when you get a couple of friends together and play it.

L4D is pretty kickass only when you get a couple of friends together. Playing the game with bots or with random idiots isn't that great of an experience.

Upvote 0
Why? The games of 08 were crap. And I'm not saying that portal was the best game ever (although it's still a damned good one), I'm just saying that 2008 was...less then spectaular when it came to it's releases.

You don't seem to understand, even if they are all crap, you have to pick one of them and not pick something from another year, even if its a thousand times better, because it simply doesnt belong here, yeah you can say that portal is stil better than any of the 2008 games, and we respect that opinion, some will even share it, but thats not the matter, there are games from other years that are better than Portal or any 2007 and 2008 releases and they are not in this poll for a reason. This is about what is the best game released in 2008, not about what is the best game that can be played in 2008 or what game from other year is better than any 2008 release, by breaking that rule, people here would vote for Half Life, Starcraft, RO, Diablo 2, Operation Flashpoint etc...

Upvote 0
Yeah, Generation Kill was awesome.

Okay, my list.

Best game
Falllout 3 and Left 4 Dead. They are both equally great and both do what they do very well. But I'll vote for Fallout 3, because it needs some lovin' in the poll. :D

Best music:
Amon Amarth - "Twilight Of The Thundergod" was my favourite releae. Brutal and melodic metal about the Vikings simply awesome. Man, I listened to that band a LOT since SiC introduced me to them this year.

Black Mountain - "In The Future" is a very close second.

Best film
Haven't seen / downloaded any that came out in 2008. Guess I have some catching up to do.

Upvote 0
no, you don't

ok, one last time. I'm going to completely explain the humour and thus compeletely kill the joke, but it seems I'm going to have to, to get my point across.

Scenario: You're sitting talking with some people that might know a little about games, but know little about First Person games, and certainly don't know Portal. You turn to them and say, "yeah, Portal's a great game, bar none, the best game of 2007," then you pause for a second, and then continue, "and probably 2008 as well."

Now, in doing this, you're not only praising Portal, because it is rather ground breaking and the humour is awesome, but you're also making a joke at the expense of all the games of 2008 and, let's be honest, this year hasn't exactly been a bumper crop of awesomeness in the video game department.

There, joke explained, and completedly killed.

Upvote 0
ok, one last time. I'm going to completely explain the humour and thus compeletely kill the joke, but it seems I'm going to have to, to get my point across.

Scenario: You're sitting talking with some people that might know a little about games, but know little about First Person games, and certainly don't know Portal. You turn to them and say, "yeah, Portal's a great game, bar none, the best game of 2007," then you pause for a second, and then continue, "and probably 2008 as well."

Now, in doing this, you're not only praising Portal, because it is rather ground breaking and the humour is awesome, but you're also making a joke at the expense of all the games of 2008 and, let's be honest, this year hasn't exactly been a bumper crop of awesomeness in the video game department.

There, joke explained, and completedly killed.

A real kneeslapper you have there.

Upvote 0