• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ro-starwars

wmzoksougm.jpg

If you can do better than Troopers, I'll follow closely.

Upvote 0
I hope you have the Ice Planet Hoth some day, with the Imperial Dinosaur type Troop Transport Carriers (from the 1970's second film; that would be very tough to make!)!

But I think Yoshiro is right; people in the U.S. are very protective of their copyrights.

Lucas has his own series of video games, and didn't he, back in the late 1970's, sue in court the guy who made the original Battlestar Galactica TV show???

I think something like 10 years later, a judge finally ruled on it and threw out the lawsuit, and said the stories were different.

So maybe if you made something similar to Star Wars but changed how everything looked and the story line (do a science-fiction version of Homer's Illiad), then you would be ok.

Although, I thought I have seen two Star Wars type mods.

I think there was one for the EA Games' Battlefield 1942 which I never played; I've forgotten the name.

And I thought more recently someone made a Star Wars type mod for their newer game, Battlefield 2142.

Dude, this completely rocks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you are insane my dear friend!!

i understand it's more easy to go for a space shooter first, but the most awesome part would be infantry combat.
especially if youre modding for RO. all you would need is characters, lazerguns and a map.
it would be just awesome to finally have a good star wars infantry game, lots of good space combat games already exist for it.
can't wait to see snowtroopers vs alliance soldiers on a snowy planet.
i would love to make a map for that

Upvote 0