• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rainbow Six 3 Gold on Steam

To bad they dont also put Rogue Spear up for sale.
Anyways, i just bought the game again, now i also have the expansion Athena Sword wich makes my original Rainbow Six collection complete: original Rainbow Six + addon, Rogue Spear and all of it's add-ons, and Raven Shield + AS.
I've also got Lockdown but that is epic fail and i'll let Vegas rot in the bargain(/garbage) bin where it belonged right from the start.

Upvote 0
In case anyone can't change the default resolution (like me) here's how to, I found on google.

I can't seem to change the screen resolution in the game. I selected different resolutions but when I play the game it always show up with 640x480, even though video resolution list box shows different number.
You will need to edit the "user.ini" file (located in the ravenshield\save\profiles\ folder) and near the bottom of the user.ini file, you will see these lines:

R6ScreenSizeX=800 R6ScreenSizeY=600 R6ScreenRefreshRate=-1 ShowRefreshRates=FALSE

Please change these lines to:

R6ScreenSizeX=800 R6ScreenSizeY=600 R6ScreenRefreshRate=60 ShowRefreshRates=TRUE

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It just kept putting the res back to 800*600 when ever I closed the game down and restarted it but it's fine now.

I have a new problem when I try to play online it asks me to log in or create and account but when I click on create new account the Ubisoft page doesn't load and it say's

Page Not Found

The page you tried to access was not found. It is possible that the page has moved or that you entered an incorrect URL.
ubi.com may also be temporarily unavailable due to routine server maintenance. Please check back later.

Upvote 0
Hmm. For me I get an error "failed changing screen resolution". I have the disc version of Raven Shield, I have Raven Shield and Athena Sword patched to 1.60 and 1.10 respectively, and I was playing Raven Shield just fine even a couple of days ago, but now whenever I want to go to the menu after a mission or accept the mission outcome, the game crashes with this error:

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3000 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (7813)

Failed changing screen resolution.

History: RecreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::Lock <- UViewport::Lock <- UWindowsViewport::Lock <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

It does this whether I run it in compatibility mode or not. Like I said, I didn't have this problem a few months ago, or even a week ago. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Raven Shield. I also get the same problem with Athena Sword. I've also posted on rvsgaming.com, but those forums look pretty much dead and I have recieved no reply, nor could I find anything elsewhere on the internet that could help me, including Ubi's support page.

Upvote 0
rainbow.jpg

ouch :eek:

Can one bind a key to crouch and prone, not a fan of stance down and stance up.

Upvote 0
same habit here, too. i keep pressing Z and end up in the chat, gettig shot...

i wonder why the mark23 (.45 -> 19 damage) does less damage than the usp (.40 cal ->20 damage)... cool thing is that attaching a silencer to the mk23 doesnt affect the damage values at all while the other pistols lose some of thier power.

Upvote 0