• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Runtime error - yes I read the sticky already

DietOrange

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2008
I did read the sticky a few posts up about fixing that error. I tried the fix about 5 times now and still keep getting this same error:

run.jpg

Last time I installed RO there was a problem with something I can't remember, but you guys helped and it worked and now this happens :(

Open C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\System\RedOrchestra.ini up in notepad.

Find the line under [Engine.GameEngine] that says CacheSizeMegs=XXX and make sure XXX is nothing higher than 256.

I know this sounds like rubbish but I am looking for this file and there are no ini files in this folder... i followed it all the way like you said but I can't find redorchestra.ini

is it cause I am using vista?

Upvote 0
i have the same problem and i have tried everythin...it worked before and now it doesnt. I can run it if the steam.dll file is in the RO system folder and i use the exe form the folder but i cant run from steam? Is this a steam problem? or a computer problem. I started a thread but i guess admins havent approved of it yet so ill post here for the time being.

Upvote 0