• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

in that case i think il bypass torrenting the games to try em, now alls ive got to do is find somone still selling these games and not tyring to rape you on the cost, most people on ebay want ~40 for arma and queens (thats 40$each).

Oh I should also ask, is ACE a mod of Queens, and is queens gambit also worth buying?

Edit, wewt: one guy is selling the gold edition (with expansion) in a sealed box for 15$, grabbing it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It isn't as I don't have it but do have the ACE mod installed.

EDIT: I just tried it with the campaign. It's nice and all, unfortunatley Arma itself still remains a **** game with some of the worst mission design ever. Maybe I'll try mp later this evening.

Yeah the campaign remains crappy no matter with what mod you play.
The only advise for that is try to get some custom campaigns like The Cause, the Finnish Defence Forces mod campaign, and some good custom SP missions.

However, i feel that ArmA's strongest point is definitely the co-op.
If your into squad-sized co-op and want to play realisticly then ArmA is second to none. Spotting for arty, spotting for a sniper and stuff like that actually works, for example.

Upvote 0
I've enjoyed some of those ambush missions in ArmA, but overall the campaign sure is shallow and generic. So far the FDF campaign feels interesting, even though I can't get through that third mission where I'm supposed to act as a squad leader and secure the factory with 3 other guys. I hate being responsible for others, they only get killed when I'm in command. Just give me a damn rifle and put me in the line with others, k thx bai.

Upvote 0
I've enjoyed some of those ambush missions in ArmA, but overall the campaign sure is shallow and generic. So far the FDF campaign feels interesting, even though I can't get through that third mission where I'm supposed to act as a squad leader and secure the factory with 3 other guys. I hate being responsible for others, they only get killed when I'm in command. Just give me a damn rifle and put me in the line with others, k thx bai.

Hah, your so gonna hate ArmA2:p

Upvote 0
If you have added mods to your game without using the "mod folder system", you may well find yourself being kicked.

My ArmA folder weighs in at 17+go :p(I better do a cleanup soon).

When playing on-line I load a clean ArmA or only the mods required for this or that server.
I haven't played on-line for a while but I have a soft spot for the KellysHeroes server/clan.

Its in

Upvote 0