• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

looking for the redorchestra.ini file

hello everyone... this is what I have been looking for...

the redorchestra.ini file

After looking at this post from a previous thread this sounds like one of the very few things I have not attempted to get my game up and running again. I have been trying for over 2 years and unfortunately am not allowed at this point to reformat my PC. So finding a fix or playing at my buddy's house is the only solution so far.

When I follow the directions found below I come to the last folder in systems but then cannot find the redorchestra.ini file.

anywhere else I could find it?

I just re-installed the game again and still can't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner
Open C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\System\RedOrchestra.ini up in notepad.

Find the line under [Engine.GameEngine] that says CacheSizeMegs=XXX and make sure XXX is nothing higher than 256.

I know this sounds like rubbish but I am looking for this file and there are no ini files in this folder... i followed it all the way like you said but I can't find redorchestra.ini

is it cause I am using vista?
progress.gif

Meanwhile while waiting for some help I have decided to go back through the forums and have been trying a whole wide range of fixes... yet still to no success.

Whenever I attempt to start the game I will get one of two messages that pop up on screen. I do not know why sometimes it will give me one error message and then a diff one but here they are.

Here is the first...

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2394 MHz with 2045MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS (6371)

Engine C++/UnrealScript class size mismatch

History: VerifyClasses <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

The second error message pops up in a box that talks bout your usual C++ runtime error that everyone and their brother has seen...

if there is any other info I need to put out just let me know

thanks

Upvote 0
Its the text file next to the RO launch icon (with cogs)in the RO system folder.
The path stated before is correct.

As Mr Moe said, make sure you have validated your local game files with the Steam tool provided.

RO runs fine on Vista.

All i Know is to try to re-install it again... if it does not show up this time I'll try to take a pic for you guys cause it's like it's not getting installed with the game or something. It's strange. And when I do a search for it it does not show up.

Upvote 0
I know I see what you are saying but it's not showing up in my systems folder... I can't even find that I have ANY ini type files...

that systems folder is full of upl int u det dll ucl files and a few others like a Red Orchestra application file and what not... but I don't have any other files that are ini

the only files that I have that are shaped like a notepad with a cog are configuration settings files.

I am not giving up though. Any other names this file could be called? I have also gone to search and it wont pull it up that way either.

Upvote 0
Those ARE .ini files.
Do this...get rid of the friggen icon pictures...lol

In Vista, at the top of the bar.
click on Views.
Then click Details.

Depending upon how your Vista folder views are set up, you may have to right click at the top of the right hand box and select the columns you want shown. Then you can click on the columns to sort them accordingly (name, date, type...etc).
Anyway, here it is....
ini2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know I see what you are saying but it's not showing up in my systems folder... I can't even find that I have ANY ini type files...

that systems folder is full of upl int u det dll ucl files and a few others like a Red Orchestra application file and what not... but I don't have any other files that are ini

the only files that I have that are shaped like a notepad with a cog are configuration settings files.

I am not giving up though. Any other names this file could be called? I have also gone to search and it wont pull it up that way either.
Configuration settings ARE the .ini files.

Don't know why they called them config files in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just tested the "Hide extensions for known file types" (never like this myself, it hides files extensions I am trying to find) and it doesn't show any .ini file extensions on those files that are. Also, yes, just as Major Day says, the config files are your .ini.

Perhaps you should go into folder options and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types", then you will see that particular file extension. :D

Upvote 0
or if its installed somewhere else go to start -> search -> type in redorchestra.ini
it should find only one file and thats the one you need to edit.
...to add to that...
Depending upon where you are and what "search" you use, in Vista, be sure you tell search to search "everywhere" or "computer". Otherwise its only going to check the folder you are in.

Upvote 0