• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Seperate Mouse sensitivities.

Nix

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 14, 2008
Hello, I'm new to this fourm, but not RO. The game is incredible and I can tell you that it was easily money well spent. Anyway, I do have one suggestion that I do not think would be too difficult to implement. Here it is:

Allow separate sensitivities for regular first person and iron sights. I can't tell you how many times its been difficult for me to get that 'perfect shot' because I could not accurately pin-point the enemy though the ironsights due to a fast mouse sensitivity. I have tried just turning it lower but I really can't find a sweet spot that both delivers good speed out of ironsights and accuracy in them.

Tell me what you guys think of this idea and if it could be tweaked to be better in any way.

Thanks.

I had a razer diamondback but I never used that on-the-fly dpi switching. It just didn't seem intuitive for me and the need for it never occured to me. Sure, it's nice on paper but how about chosing a medium sensitivity that works well for both walking around and aiming?
The advantage is that you can get used to one mouse sensivity and if it really comes down to efficiency, muscle memory will help you kill more people than switching mouse sensivities all the time. It's all not that important in RO because it's not a twitch-shooter but in other games it can matter and if I do it a certain way in other games, why change for RO?

I guess it's all a matter of preference. Speaking of which, there is another possible solution to your problem which I would never use as long as I could avoid it: Mouse acceleration! It messes up muscle memory as well but if you don't care it might help you move around with a low sensivity while still being able to aim pixel-accurate. There is a setting for it in RO so you don't have to set it in your OS settings.

Upvote 0
Reviving some old sh*t here but could someone tell me is there a way to make this mouse sensitivity thing so that when i press X once it sets the sensitivity lower and when i push it again it sets it back to what ever it used to be? So not that way that i have to press it all the time when i am aiming.
I am new to this game and i could not find a way to do this elsewhere...

Upvote 0