• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Spawn Issue!!!

justus916

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 31, 2008
WOW! what a pain these spawns got me about to pull my hair out. lol...OK I can start as a german at the first spawn but after the Rus cap the 3rd obj I wont the the Ger to spawn a little futher back from there 1st spawn. Could some one help me! I tried about everything I know to do and also have doubled checked the ROSpawn Actor the playerstart tags everything. Do I need a trigger to activate the germans next spawn point? TY

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused: Let me reword this. I have the rus attacking and ger defending. Rus 1st spawn works and after I cap the 1st cap the rus 2nd spawn works making them closer to the next caps. My problem is I wont the germens to spawn somewhere else after the rus cap the 3rd obj but I can't seem to get them to spawn there they just spawn in there 1st intspawn?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Spawns dont ya love em

Spawns dont ya love em

Ok well my discovery has been. after designing a very complex spawn map

spawns and objectives are seperate but clearly linked.
A: make sure all objectives have unique number (Roobjective>ObjNum) sequential
B: make sure all spawns have a priority (RoSpawnArea>Axis or Allied precedence)
my discovery is here, if you have timed spawns or players spawning in opposing areas,
C:make "0" precedence for all opposite team precedence ie if spawn area is precedence 1 for axis make sure allied precedence is set to zero for same spawn actor
ALSO
D: dont use precedence "0"except for as above.
so your lowest priority axis spawn will be 1 and so too will the other spawn for the allied be priority 1, this seems to stop players spawning at ANY of the precedence "0" areas (at random..took me 5months to work this out as my first spawn is timed and then after 60 seconds the "real spawns kick in")

E: check all player starts belong to correct team ("0"or "1") PlayerStart>Playerstart>TeamNumber

Hope this helps, im sure your event<> tags are fine.

also i have read from others and tried deleting all my objectives and all my Spawns and adding them sequentially and testing map (darn slow)

I wanted to play with triggered player spawns but am tired of spawns and objectives, maybe next map :)

Cheers Sined

Upvote 0
:D:D:D
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I got it. Man you have to love trial and error I guess its the only way you learn anything just like RL. Now for the next cap spawns:eek:

yep trial by fire... just like real life and your first day in RO :)

And dont we now have great respect for all those talented mappers modders and modelers:)

hmm just a closer look at your pics, you have pic help1zp9 as german = team 0
while help3wp9 is german = team 1

my understanding is team numbers 1 and 0 relate to attacking and defending, they may need to be set to same ie germans defending on both

Also seperate to that i notice that the pics you have have precedence for allies and axis as 0. whilke the master obj manager and the required objectives SHOULD sort that out, if you get too tricky /complex set (for eg) the first valid allied spawn to precedence 1 and so too first valid axis spawn
then increase to precedence 2 for nest most important.

Apparently the way it works is if criteria inside spawn points cant be met or are equal, then it uses precedence to decide where to spawn.

Anyway let you go.. enjoy

Currently im having major probs with ctd in Roed and im almost finished beta2 :-( Damn

Upvote 0