• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game 2 is gonna have to be one hell of a game

I hope they will give us a basic website with some screenshots or renders or something. Maybe on Christmas. Stuff like that is always good to create some hype. We can only hope.
And it makes for a good christmas present :) Oh and maybe a new forum, so we can start over fresh without the 10.000 sticky threads we have and ****, and a new vBulletin version that shows the correct ammount of pages on a thread :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The last major update for RO was just over a year ago.

How long do you reckon it takes to build something (G2) from scratch.
A little more than that I would say.
Maps released after the initial launch took on average 4/6 months to develop.
Christmas 2009 would be nice for G2, anything before would be rushed.

Never the less it would be nice to know how things are coming along.

Slaps own fingers... ouch...

Upvote 0
RO:Ost was released in Q1 2006, and the last "major" update I can remember was at the summer update of 2007. But I got the impression from the devs at the time, that this was something they'd had on the backburner for some time. And that the reason it took so long to come out was because they had started work on their new title.

I'm sure that there's something waiting to come out, even if its just some info!

Upvote 0
Best way to create hype is release media frequently. Look at L4D, lots of art, videos, screenshots, etc. People like that. Blackfoot Studios also releases screenshots. Not much, but it does get people interested. Without any of that, no media gets distributed among gaming websites, resulting in less people knowing about the game. Pictures good.

Upvote 0
lol - well - I suppose you could say that. But our speculations dying off are (I'm sure) not as bad as announcing something and have interest in it disappear after the fact..

Don't get me wrong, I want to know just as bad as anyone else...

Look ANYTHING would not hurt in the slightest. Even some concept art ffs :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Well what if they percieve the development time to be much longer than we expect?
What if you continue to see media of the same sorts of things? Screenshots of the same old things?
What if the things you are shown in some screenshots don't even make it into the game?
What if the presentation changes during the development process, and what you've got excited about isn't what is going to be released?

I can think of at least a handful of titles that I've become sick of hearing about because they just oversaturated with media.

Upvote 0
Well what if they percieve the development time to be much longer than we expect?
What if you continue to see media of the same sorts of things? Screenshots of the same old things?
What if the things you are shown in some screenshots don't even make it into the game?
What if the presentation changes during the development process, and what you've got excited about isn't what is going to be released?

I can think of at least a handful of titles that I've become sick of hearing about because they just oversaturated with media.

one thing is oversaturation, and another thing is at least telling what the **** the game is gona be about, by now they should know it already.

Upvote 0
Hey, I remembered my login data. yay for me!

Having been absent quite some time now, I recently checked if anything was new with RO, as the way it is, it has really grown old on me, as I played it since the 1.2 release for UT2k3.

Now, keeping in mind that TW has the U3 engine since over three years IIRC, I have the slight fear that creating content on a detail fit for U3 might have been a tad off the scale for TW.

So as I see it, I guess there won't be a Game2 (tm) at all. They should be in the fourth year of developement, but the lack of any info on it cannot possibly be a good thing. The longer developement takes, the more expensve it gets. Additionally, I don't think RO grosses much sales nowadays, so, if it hasn't happened already, TW is going to go bust, UNLESS they find a publisher who's willing to support them financially. Which they haven't or it would have been announced somewhere...

Also, the U3 engine, much like I predicted, didn't turn out to be the holy grail of game engines (some games seem even more rigid physics wise than with U2.5, let alone map sizes), and it's aging. At the moment, there's admittedly not much competition, but give it a year or two, there will be better engines, no matter what task it should fulfill. So even if TW is still around (meaning more than yoshi and wilson), by the time they might release info (let alone the game), their technology, much like the U2.5 engine when RO was released, is outdated.

to summarize, we have two possible outcomes: Game2 isn't even going to be vaporware, OR it will be outdated if it ever happens to be released.

Last edited:
Upvote 0