• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Newbie is up and running but has a question?????

stug4

Dec 3, 2008
Hey All:

Downloaded the game last night and WOW is right - unbelievable!! The graphics on the system I have are pretty good actually!!

It has been quite a transition from the 360 to this and it is taking a bit to get used to things. My wife went out and bought me a headset today - it is plugged in and all I can hear people but they cannot hear me!

can anyone walk me throught setting up the lic so that people can hear me?? :confused: I read somewhere in the manual about 3 channels you can set yourself up on to hear your team, everyone etc....pretty sure just hearing my team would be cool!

Also, going to try and connect a controller she bought as this keyboard thing is certainly giving me a run for my money...LOL!! :)

As always any advice/input you can give is very helpful.

Thanks
Matt

You do have the default keyboard layout? Downloadable here... They are customizable in Powerpoint.

The ones you want are the Local Channel, Team Channel, and Public Channel. That puts you in the mic channel you want to use, then you need to press(hold) the Act Mic key to speak. There should be a little meter that shows up on the bottom of the screen that shows you the sound level going thru the mic. Most other mic problems arise when setting up your sound card, for some reason, it is never as easy as it should be. There are also text only channels similar to the voice ones.

Welcome aboard :)

Upvote 0
RO is not pre configured to accept 360 input, but it does have joystick support, so in theory you could get it to work by playing with the config files. One thing of note, you will learn (hopefully) that first person shooters are alot easier with a keyboard/mouse combo (will take some time to get used to if you haven't done it before).

Upvote 0
Yes as Yoshiro stated when it comes to computer games you need to drop the joysticks and give up on the way games are played on a 360 etc.

All you need is a 5 button mouse and getting the hang of it and the use of the right side of your keyboard.

All movements, firing, reloading, walking, and using is done with the mouse when configured the way I do things.

Then on the keyboard you use arrow keys, shift, ctrl, ins/0, end/1, numbers above letters for vehicles, and the I, O, P keys for I to switch to =Team Chat Channel (Mic), O key is held to speak, and P to switch to =Public Chat Channel (Mic). Q key to lean left, E key to lean right, X key to switch Shell type (Tanks) AP, HE rounds...

If you can get this combo down it works for almost all FPS games period. I've played all my FPS games this way... Works great, you'll never go back...

Upvote 0
Love your mouse, sleep with it....take it for KFC ...bring it on a drive with ya:D

Made the transition from console games three years ago and tried a joypad for a month.
You'll need to learn the controls and it'll take a month or so before you achieve the manual dexterity needed.
After this you'll be in the driving seat....no more looking at the keypad to see which key you're looking for.

Welcome to RO World:)

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys, the RO world is a cool world no doubt about it!!!

I am sure as time passes I will get used to the play set up mouse/keypad etc...:)

My fav weapon is the Russian PPSH41...:D

I am sure as I go I will have many questions and look forward as always to your expertise and input!

Thanks,
Matt

Upvote 0
Over time, your favourite weapon will become the bolt action rifle. Nothing can stand up to it, even close once you master it. :D That spray and pray PPSH will just get you killed.

As for sound transmitting? Did you get it to work? You have to make sure your mic is configured first in windows then test it. Make sure any mute buttons are not clicked on in configuration or on the headset itself. Mic volume etc has to be set up both in your windows and in game sound setup.

The default transmit key is hard to reach, I've changed mine to the tab key, makes it easier to access. I believe defaults are HOME key to speak to both teams, Public. The END key is to switch to speak just to your team. Though I've had mine set up for so long this way I'm not sure if that is default.

Upvote 0