• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] 2009: What game are you looking forward to?

2009: What game are you looking forward to?

• Armed Assault II - Q1 2009

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Bioshock 2 - Q1 2009

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Tom Clancy's HAWX - Q1 2009

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wanted: Weapons of Fate - Q1 2009

• Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War 2 - Q1 2009

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Empire: Total War - 6 Feb 2009

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - 13 Feb 2009

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Men of War - 13 Feb 2009

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - Q2 2009

• Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising - Spring 2009

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters
I'm looking forward to a WWI console game called "To End All Wars" that is supposed to be released near the end of June / July next year but only on XBOX 360 and I think PS3 too. Unfortunately, there is no PC version of the game.

I think originally it was supposed to be released this past October, but it was postponed.

The second installment of the Godfather game is coming out also. It is supposed to have multiplayer this time.

The first Godfather game was OK, but it could have been better.

I know the movies / game glorify criminals, but if your a fan of the films, you will definitely like the first game.

Oh, and "ROII", if that is possible.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
cod5yb7.jpg

or

cod6sg4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Armed Assault 2
Not Mafia2 though, cause it has health regen :( the difficulty was part of what made that game great for me. Health regen throws that out of the window, together with any sense of authenticity.

Where did you get this info? I'm also interested to know how 2k has implemented it. If Mafia 2 is at least somewhat similar to the first one in terms of gameplay and diverse storyline, I don't really care about health regen too much.

Upvote 0
CoD WaW isn't really five.

Yeah sure, and Alien Resurrection isn't Alien 4, AvP Requiem isn't AvP2, Mad Max Beyond ThunderDome isn't Mad Max 3, Die Hard with a vengeance isn't Die Hard 3, and Die Hard 4.0 isn't Die Hard 4...oh and Led Zeppelins "Fourth album" isn't Led Zeppelin 4, either... :)

They've only not called it "Call of Duty 5" to try and escape from the fact it's a franchise being bashed out.

Even though the next game in the franchise is already pegged Call of Duty 6...

Unless of course you mean to say that it isn't the 5th game in the franchise because you're counting Final Fronts and Roads to Victory ^_^

On the flip side, boffins at Warner Bros have decided that they need to spell it out to everyone that Project Origin is in fact a sequel to F.E.A.R by labelling it F.E.A.R 2 (because the went and bought the name FEAR from Activision/Blizzard)...are sequels the new black or something?

Why am I so annoyed with that...?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where did you get this info? I'm also interested to know how 2k has implemented it. If Mafia 2 is at least somewhat similar to the first one in terms of gameplay and diverse storyline, I don't really care about health regen too much.

It was in a preview in a Belgian magazine called PCGameplay.
I wonder why every developer wants health regeneration in his game though, it just makes things WAY to easy, unless you count throwing endless amounts of enemies your way all at the same time (cough, cod, cough). Mafia1 had just the right amount of baddies for it's missions to feel exactly right, while still making it a hard game to play untill you figured out how to best fight them. Health regen throws that out of the window, and it's a shame really.

Upvote 0
none really.......the only ones that strike interest are ARMA and OFP2, ofp2 because I want to see it as an arcade-fest and see everyone go ape****.

I'm not fussed over arma, arma1 is just a clunky mess I doubt arma2 will change anything, but i'll check it out.

MAFIA II is the only decent game comin for me, but that's not 09 apparently ;)

Upvote 0
Out of all them I'd have to say ARMA 2 but to be honest I can't really think of any must buys or even, pinch off a mate for a week titles that id really want to get/play, im sure the new total war will be good but its not like Im really looking forward to it.

Thats unlike this year with things like MGS4 & GTA 4 on console and L4D, fallout & clear sky basicly being either pre-orders or buy soon after release titles for me.

Upvote 0