• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

Suicide or murder?

Suicide or murder?

So, I was on the Axis side playing Danzig, We had taken out all but one remaining Russian, who was hiding out on the third floor of the sniper building on the Russian side of the canal. A bunch of us were taking potshots and lobbing grenades through the window, but to no avail. Finally, just a couple seconds before time ran out, he jumped out of the window. And just at that moment, I squeezed off a shot ... and NAILED him on his way down.

Upvote 0
was playing DH omaha beach and ran into a kraut bunker to find 2 jerry's shooting with their backs to me....licking my lips in anticipation of a double shiv opportunity, I did a test stab and realized i forgot to put on my bayo on the M1...as I am doing that, the kraut with the STG44 turns around and reloads as I am attaching bayo still...now i am pooping my pants but i skewer him 1st and the other poor bastard too. Nothing beats a double stab...except maybe a 3 or 4 kill nade blast in a roomful of the enemy.

I have seen some fun arty strike rag-dolls flops recently. Once it was me who got blown up and I watched myself plop down on 1 of my teammates...he must've felt lucky.

Upvote 0
As a russian fighting in Danzig I found an nice spot to kill lots of germans: on top of the staircase of the german sniperbuilding. Unfortunately going through the markt is madness and the germans came from our left so the only way was to go through the building with a big hole facing the command centre(with a rusty truck and tank infront of it). As I was running through the hole some german noticed me and shot me, making me lose my SVT. With no weapon and too dangerous to get it back I decided to quickly throw a nade behind me. Since it didn't kill anyone I figured he was still chasing me and decided to get upstairs and hope there's a rifle. Unfortunately when I got to the room where mostly germans camp to shoot some russians a rifle just dissapeared. I figured the german must still be following me so my only choice was to jump off to get my gun back. Germans were running everywhere and I knew it would be all or nothing. So I jump off, go to my gun, the german jumps off too so I quickly grab my svt while he's aiming at me. It ends up in us shooting each other from up close and me kiling him.

Upvote 0
The first time I played was the best. I downloaded the game off Steam when it was released and started off first in Barashka. I had no idea what to do at first and then German artillery pounded the area near the bridge and I got blown to pieces.
I usually play on the defending side every time so it's tense when we are having a desperate defense going on trying to hold out especially when reinforcements are 0% and the attackers still have 20% or more left.
After reading a lot of eastern front books this game get's even better.

Upvote 0
RO is definitely one of those games where the "Whoa" moments are born just because of the gameplay in itself and its unpredictable elements, not scripting or anything like that.

Some of my best experiences are from those "near misses" where you're about to get shot, blown up, driven over, or whatever and yet you manage to overcome it.

A few days back i was playing Rakowice as Germans, and with the Soviets having taken everything except the Control Tower I decided to take my trusty StG44 into an excursion behind Soviet positions, hoping to sneak in from the left and shoot attacking Soviets or something. I'd taken a Panzerfaust too since the clown car was making rounds as usual, and hello and behold, between the control tower and the bunker I suddenly find the aforementioned BA-64 coming at me at full speed. I figure that since it hasn't shot me either the gunner is a complete retard or then the BA-64 is just manned by one enemy. Well, I equip the aforementioned Panzerfaust when the BA-64 is like ten meters away and shoot at it from the hip. The BA blows up practically in my face, just five meters or something away.

Last night playing Leningrad I was a German combat engineer, a bunch of us were under that bridge which is the last capture target of Leningrad when all in the sudden a T-34 drives next to us and literally steamrolls four Germans. Well, it stops to fire at Germans in the other side of the iced river, and I find myself next of the tank, having gone prone and somehow missed the notice of the tank. I was just about to get up and throw a satchel charge on the tank's deck when the round ended. :D

Upvote 0
This was a long time ago, but awesome regardless:

I'm a german rifleman, sitting inbetween some rubble on danzig, I scan the buildings across the square and I notice something in one of the windows. A shadow? Or was it a silhouette? The window suddenly lights up and I got that split second 'oh sh*t' moment . Darkness.

I later found out that it was a fellow clanmate sitting right back on a table in one of the rooms, making it nearly impossible to spot him due to the contrast in light. Funnily enough, he said that when he spotted me he felt like I was looking right at him, so he calmly lifted his scoped rifle, placed the crosshairs on my head and pulled the trigger.

Pure awesomeness to hear the story from the other side.

Upvote 0
Tank Ace of Orel.....

A long time ago on the map Orel, I was in a Mk4 covering North Bridge all by myself. The Russians had all the other spawn zones and attacked from the left side of the heights. I knocked out the first wave of 4 x T34's without a scratch to my tank. My position was perfect so I decided to stay put, but I knew they knew where I was. Black Sabbath parked his Mk4 in front of NB left hand corner, when the second wave came. This time Black Sabbath started to knock them out from on top of the Heights while this wave didn't see me at all. Sabbath got 3 of them before he got destroyed, while I got another 4 kills. My tank was now yellow from hits, but I could still move. This time the 3rd wave came right at me, 6 x T-34's in all also headed for the farm to my left. I managed to kill 3 of them before they knew I was there. I couldn't believe that they couldn't see my smoking tank. German reinforcments showed up and the remaining Russians turn to face them. I now tool them out with side shots. After that, we pushed to the heights and eventually won that map.

I got a total of 14 x T34 kills with the same Mk4, my personal best. I also got 6 Tiger kills on the same map with the same T34, but that was so long (wait for them to respawn) and not as action packed as the previous story.

Upvote 0
Heh, not too long ago I was playing in Arad Real Forests 4 as a Russian tanker. We were constantly being raided by the German antitank soldiers on the motorbikes, and they were trying to cap our field (forget which one) by zipping around. I forget what tank i was using, but I managed to obliterate their bike, which was full of passengers. Did I mention I was using the name "Sarah_Palin"? It was the funniest thing in the world. A guy on a mic was like, "That's, um, some nice shooting there, Sarah."

(Also, I was just using that name because it was out of place, not for any actual political reason)

Upvote 0
My best moments (just like my worst moments) were spent in tanks.

One day, I played Black-Day-July and started off in a Sturmgeschutz. I was not killed the whole round once, and racked up about 12-13 knocked out T-34's. Our team also won the round within something like 20 minutes, and no the Russians were not bots haha!

The other great moment was at Arad. I mounted a Panther and set up an ambush at north village. Again no bots! in one "life" I managed to destroy about 10-11 JS-2's and T-34's. I hit them all in the flank as they kept speeding towards the south field. And at the end finally one of the Allied players figured out where I was and was killed in a duel. That whole match i took out like 20-25 tanks. Pure madness!

No wonder I keep coming back to this game, even though sometimes it a big challange.

Upvote 0
So many moments in the Gorlitz map. Combined arms assault types always does it for me.

But for a particular time as German MG I had a PERFECT series of relocations each time killing inf thinking last position is clear because they killed me.

Holding the line behind some wire, kill a ton but tank gets an angle. Bail and relocate behind cover out of view. Kill some more inf attacking wire.

Inf get cover close, nades get tossed, bail and relocate around corner. Kill a bunch more inf coming around the corner, more panic nades. Bail and relocated further back on the road.

Kill more inf who have come around the corner and tried to move up. Eventualy get taken out by enemy coming the other route through the square.

MG work, working the angles, avoiding tank HE. Crawling for a good 15 seconds under tank MG fire for the best MG spot and having my buddie go 'I know this is just a game, but jeezus....' is classic. BTW have to have 5.1 sound system cranked hehe.

T.

Upvote 0
Another quick one. As allied (and had been drinking ;)) stuck at the bridge in Gorlitz big time, leader sucked. Took the leader position and used the smoke properly and tons of chat comms to kick teams *** into gear. A drunken slant to the comms also. Team all of a sudden kick ***, other team even went WTF on comms as they thought they had the map down. Didn't win the map due to the time lost earlier on the bridge, but made a great run that both sides talked about.

Teamworks on RO gives so many (and sometimes scary realistic) great moments.

T.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am mostly a moderate player but sometimes the nice slaughter mode turns on. The best recent experience was on Hedgehog map, playing Soviet avtomatchik with PPSh41. I charged for the first room in the eastern farmhouse, took position behind some boxes, and waited for the enemy. I was there mostly alone, but gained something like 10 points with that life, as the Germans kept coming but couldn't get rid of me. Eventually I ran out of ammo and got killed, but oh that heroic feeling.

Upvote 0
My favourite memory of RO was on Danzig. the middle building with three floors (top floor blocked by the burning bed)
well i was russian and had a ppsh and on the side which looks out over command centre and the main street. i was defending with a sniper and we killed lots of germans coming up, after a while i ran out of ammo and took the snipers rifle (he died) and we had run out of reinforcements, for some reason the germans wanted me dead rather than win by capping
there was attempts to throw nades through the windows but twice they bounced back and killed themselves around 6 germans dying, the best part of it was three germans rushing me and i killed all with a pistol at point blank range, eventually i was killed and i must have had 10 comments in allied chat saying "awesome" and "epic" and "amazin job!"
it really was an epic last stand!

Upvote 0
My favourite memory of RO was on Danzig. the middle building with three floors (top floor blocked by the burning bed)
well i was russian and had a ppsh and on the side which looks out over command centre and the main street. i was defending with a sniper and we killed lots of germans coming up, after a while i ran out of ammo and took the snipers rifle (he died) and we had run out of reinforcements, for some reason the germans wanted me dead rather than win by capping
there was attempts to throw nades through the windows but twice they bounced back and killed themselves around 6 germans dying, the best part of it was three germans rushing me and i killed all with a pistol at point blank range, eventually i was killed and i must have had 10 comments in allied chat saying "awesome" and "epic" and "amazin job!"
it really was an epic last stand!

And then you woke up and cleaned yourself

Upvote 0
Well mabey not my best moment lol...but was playing on DANZIG russian side....I was in top floor of Command center and was covering the stairs from basement. I saw about 5 German's running up the stair's. I pull the trigger( Rifleman class) nothing...doh! I forgot I had to put in a new clip lol. So I turn around and run into the other room and dive under the table as I reload i see all 5 german's run past me and go out onto the balcony that leads to outside of the building. I finish reloading and go follow them out the door immediatly 1 of them see's me and raises his rifle, I kill him as all the other's who were previously facing the other way turn around to kill me! I quickly switch to my grendae and pull the pin as I die. A second later.... BOOM 4 kills hehe. "Dont forgett your parting gift.":D

Upvote 0
Tank Ace of Orel.....

A long time ago on the map Orel, I was in a Mk4 covering North Bridge all by myself. The Russians had all the other spawn zones and attacked from the left side of the heights. I knocked out the first wave of 4 x T34's without a scratch to my tank. My position was perfect so I decided to stay put, but I knew they knew where I was. Black Sabbath parked his Mk4 in front of NB left hand corner, when the second wave came. This time Black Sabbath started to knock them out from on top of the Heights while this wave didn't see me at all. Sabbath got 3 of them before he got destroyed, while I got another 4 kills. My tank was now yellow from hits, but I could still move. This time the 3rd wave came right at me, 6 x T-34's in all also headed for the farm to my left. I managed to kill 3 of them before they knew I was there. I couldn't believe that they couldn't see my smoking tank. German reinforcments showed up and the remaining Russians turn to face them. I now tool them out with side shots. After that, we pushed to the heights and eventually won that map.

I got a total of 14 x T34 kills with the same Mk4, my personal best. I also got 6 Tiger kills on the same map with the same T34, but that was so long (wait for them to respawn) and not as action packed as the previous story.

I've had some great moments on Orel as well.

Although I do LOVE the RO ragdolls.

Once on DH-Foy ( its still RO./...) I was attacking the german first line of buildings. There was a German firing an MP40 from the top floor at another target, I lobbed a gren in the window next to him as I didn't have the range. He was blown out onto the window sill, where he slowly slimed off, to fall in the snow below. None of it looked contrived, and it has stuck in my mind as a classic RO moment.

Another Great time was on Stalingrad, where I had gone strelok as its one really good map for rifles. At the start of the map I made my way to the far right, where there was a small ridge. I settled in and started firing at the Soviets landing on the docks, and running up the slope. I fired off about 2 clips before I got my sights in, but then was able to lead the targets, dropping about 12-15 Soviets before running out of ammo. As I got to the last clip, I crawled back towards the trench in front of the main area, and came across a ppd40. I set up in the burning building at the right end of the defense, and covered the approach to the trench. Having read the the russians sometimes set up the PPd40/PPSh41 as a LMG,(71 Round mag), I got it rested and was able to hold off the Soviets from the trench for a couple of minutes. Didn't hit that much, but kept the suppression up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0