• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Star Trek Trailer

New Star Trek Trailer

• Yea

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Nae

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
I agree, I always liked Star Trek better.

Star Trek has Science behind it. Some of the concepts are not too far out there.

The only things I like better about Star Wars is the Music, Chewy, Darth Vader, and of course Lightsabers. :D

Leia in a SlaveGirl Bikini was pretty sweet too. I would like to have hot Klingon Sex with her. :p

But if Star Wars and Star Trek had a fight, Q would just pwn Vader into oblivion. And Data would rip Chewy's arms off and beat him and Han to death with them. :D

Lol! Yeah that or Picard would give some dramatic speech and show everyone the error of their ways. Seriously that dude could just about defuse any situation with a speech :p

Upvote 0
Star Wars (the original three movies) were better in about every way then Star Trek :p

Cooler Uniforms, cooler weapons, more stylish space ships, more evil villains and overall cooler characters.. the list goes on. Star Trek only had ghey tight pants and their super peace and happy federation was just a joke. Also all their alien races were either humans with random plastic stuff glued to some part of the face or they were just totally rediculous like those fish creatures or that silly black blob in one of the next generation episodes. Only the Klingons were at least half cool, but then they were basically just space orcs.

Upvote 0
Star Wars (the original three movies) were better in about every way then Star Trek :p

Cooler Uniforms, cooler weapons, more stylish space ships, more evil villains and overall cooler characters.. the list goes on. Star Trek only had ghey tight pants and their super peace and happy federation was just a joke. Also all their alien races were either humans with random plastic stuff glued to some part of the face or they were just totally rediculous like those fish creatures or that silly black blob in one of the next generation episodes. Only the Klingons were at least half cool, but then they were basically just space orcs.

Don't forget the failboat Muppets. And the sub par acting. :p

Star Wars was good, but too World of Warcraft fantasy for me. Plus they copied stuff like proton instead of photon torpedos and stuff, and that always bugged me.

George Lucas is not very original... and is a crappy director.

After seeing the prequels I cannot figure out how he lucked upon a good series with the original three. He even destroyed them by adding lame CGI and chopping up the original score in the new versions of Ep. 4-6. :mad:

Upvote 0
Don't forget the failboat Muppets. And the sub par acting. :p
The muppets were okay in the first two, only the scenes in Jabba's palace were too crowded with stupid monsters. But don't you forget these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYl8dekCAh0

George Lucas is not very original... and is a crappy director.

After seeing the prequels I cannot figure out how he lucked upon a good series with the original three. He even destroyed them by adding lame CGI and chopping up the original score in the new versions of Ep. 4-6. :mad:

True and the reason the movies were great was because he only directed the first one, which to me just set the stage for the story. Hence Star Wars II and III were much better. He had a great team of designers though, that's why a Star Destroyer looks badass and the whole universe just fits together very well. Star Trek has some good episodes and movies. But the whole set will never be as immersive as Star Wars to me. Also the acting wasn't better than in Star Wars and the characters were really uninteresting. I mean Wesley Crusher... he's like that Dawson from Dawson's Creek, only in space.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The muppets were okay in the first two, only the scenes in Jabba's palace were too crowded with stupid monsters. But don't you forget these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYl8dekCAh0

True and the reason the movies were great was because he only directed the first one, which to me just set the stage for the story. Hence Star Wars II and III were much better. He had a great team of designers though, that's why a Star Destroyer looks badass and the whole universe just fits together very well. Star Trek has some good episodes and movies. But the whole set will never be as immersive as Star Wars to me. Also the acting wasn't better than in Star Wars and the characters were really uninteresting. I mean Wesley Crusher... he's like that Dawson from Dawson's Creek, only in space.

LOL

70788098b7acbb3a6e3f3c8a58c27f1e.gif

Upvote 0
I'm a big fan of Lost, and JJ Abrams is doing Star Trek, so I'm hopeful.

But I'm also dissapointed with Fringe (saw one episode), which is also JJ Abrams, so I'm worried.

For anyone complaining about the boring clean humans in Star Trek, I suggest watching Deep Space 9 (got good at Season 2) - arguably the best Trek out there with lots of battles and intrigue.

I'll definately see it, as I am a Trekker. Funny thing is hard-core Trekker/Trekkies are worried Abrams is going to to be sacriligious and break "continuity." Boo-hoo. They did a good job with Galactica, hopefully this will be at least as interesting.

Upvote 0
I'll definately see it, as I am a Trekker. Funny thing is hard-core Trekker/Trekkies are worried Abrams is going to to be sacriligious and break "continuity." Boo-hoo. They did a good job with Galactica, hopefully this will be at least as interesting.

star trek has any level of continuity? news to me.. with the exception of a few of the movies and occasionally making reference to something that happened before star trek has been pretty much episodes and movies that can be watched in just about any order

there's no major underlying story... no "bigger picture" that requires viewing of every episode in order... which to be honest is brilliant in it's own way (so easy to get confused with some other shows if you miss an episode... heroes being a strong recent example of this)

it's all "here's a ship, here's a crew, they are exploring the galaxy and **** happens which is resolved within the span of one or two episodes/movies"

oh and i am intending on seeing this in the theater

Last edited:
Upvote 0
star trek has any level of continuity? news to me.. with the exception of a few of the movies and occasionally making reference to something that happened before star trek has been pretty much episodes and movies that can be watched in just about any order

there's no major underlying story... no "bigger picture" that requires viewing of every episode in order... which to be honest is brilliant in it's own way (so easy to get confused with some other shows if you miss an episode... heroes being a strong recent example of this)

it's all "here's a ship, here's a crew, they are exploring the galaxy and **** happens which is resolved within the span of one or two episodes/movies"

oh and i am intending on seeing this in the theater

There are books dedicated to Star Trek History.

Upvote 0