• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ran out of virtual memory.

lastman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 9, 2008
Hi,
I dont understand why I get this error. I ve got two partitions on my primary hard disk. The first partition is for win xp with still 7,5 GB free space and the second partition with 11 ,8 GB free space. I ve got 2 GB Ram and an ATI Crossfire X1950 with 256 MB. Do I really have to free up more space?

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2214 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: Radeon X1950 CrossFire Edition (6727)

Critical Error message:

Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

History: FMallocWindows::Malloc <- UTexture::ConvertDXT <- FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Odessa: Black Sea Coast, 10th April 1944 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FF18 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I got it

I got it

this error is kinda wierd.
for someone like me it doesn't make sence at all.

my pc has 3gb RAM from before and 107gb free disk space.

still I got this error message... but it only came after I froze or got a black screen which I got no clue why I have.

many people have it, but I have not frozen or gotten a black screen since I changed my graphic options.
and to make this clear I did run on LOW settings while crashing, but I tweaked some other options and have not frozen or black screened for 10 games.

so if you black screen set some advanced settings off and turn everything as low as possible. then start cranking them up again.

you can also go to your control panel and go to system, then advanced settings and find ur way to ur virtual memory settings. here I sat my ram to be 4640mb :)
I hope this helped!

Upvote 0