• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [CC map] RO-Transsilvania_beta1

RO-Transsilvania_beta1

Lt. Kettch presents RO-clichename ...

RO-Transsilvania a map for the mod Carpathian Crosses, in order to play this map you need the CC mod, the texture package GUPHillT.utx
Kettch_T.utx and the static mesh packages KettchSM.usx and GUP_HILLSM.usx (those packages are included in the archive).

Installation

-Extract the RO-Transsilvania.rom file to C:\programs\steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra\CC\maps

-Extract the files ending with .utx to C:\programs\steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra\CC\Textures

-Extract the files ending with .usx to C:\programs\steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra\CC\Staticmeshes

-Done

-Have fun!

Scenario Description

"In the early morning hours of a sunny day in spring 1942 a Romanian convoy consisting of force of the 23th Transylvanian guards division were ambushed by the Soviet rearguard of the 42th rifle battalion.
A large part of the Romanians managed to escape over a field into an recently abandoned farm house.
The Russians are now facing a dilemma, they cannot return to their main force without being traced. Their only option is to attack and gain a swift victory before the Romanian reinforcements arrive.

In the meantime the Romanian commander decided to attack too although his forces have to attack over relatively open ground.
While the Romanians were retreating form the initial attack they had to leave large amounts of mortar shells behind, both sides know about this threat and are eager about captureing it to gain an advantage over the enemy.

after a few hours of minor skirmishes the Romanian commander decided to attack in order to prevent
the Bolsheviks from captureing the convoy's ammunition which would
give the Russian forces an clear advantage. The Romanians must secure the ammo until reinforcments arrive.
The Soviet's goal is to capture the ammo and wipe the Romanians out with the increased fire power they get with the
captured mortar shells.
Not until the Romanian troops retreated or are destroyed the Soviets are able to escape
and return to their main forces, would they return to early the Romanians would be too much of a threat, would
they retreat too late the Romanians would have grown to powerful due to the reinforcements which will arrive soon ..."

How to play this map

The terrain is relatively open compared to other RO maps. I took my inspiration from ArmA/OFP, I wanted to bring
the feeling of "openness" to RO, however the open terrain offers new options to flank but also requires more
teamwork. Each class has to do its job.
-Riflemen have to be the main attack (or defensive) force
-MGs can cover flanks, attack routes or defend. I hope they become more valuable on this map
-NCO have to organize their troops and use their smoke grenades with great effect
(they are only equipped with a pistol so they can concentrate more on the commanding
aspect and not on the fighting, however you are free to pickup a rifle (Only dropped once ;))
-Mortars are the artillery on this map, they can cover attack routes and hit the enemy were he does
not expect it
-Mortar supply crewmen have to keep the mortars running of course ;)
-Combat engineers should cut open the fences on the pasture so their own troops can move faster
(or even opening certain fences so they can work as an bottle neck in case of an enemy counter attack

Many Thanks

Thanks to all the great mappers in the community but especially to (in no particular order):

DrGuppy (nice meshes, thanks), FlashPanHunter, dasKarma, Nestor Makhno, TA20 (for the birch trees)

You can find work of these individuals in my map, feel free to use it :D

Btw the map has rudimentary bot support and eastereggs

Screenshots

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/KettchWraith/Shot00456.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/KettchWraith/Shot00457.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/KettchWraith/Shot00458.jpg

I noticed something while uploading the files, one of the files when overwriting is a day later than the original and another went from 2k to 2.5MB.

This will not mess up all the other CC maps will it even though they have the same name this means everyone will have different versions locally and then will have to quick download these new files correct or they can put them locally overwriting their local copies within their installations right???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You might want to rename the map "Transilvania", if you intend to use the Romanian name. I don't think it's called "Transsilvania" in any language.

Ok I checked Transilvania is the actual Romanian name and Transsilvania would be the Latin name then but probably the name Ardeal is more common in Romania (but that doesn't sound cliche enough)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0