• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Running ROEd WITHOUT Steam

kuebel

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
Hello, I was wondering if that's even possible? I use two different Steam Accounts, but only have RO on one of them. Whenever I try launching the ROEd without having Steam running in the background it tells me basically that I'd have to have Steam running.

Thanks in advance. :)

you can run it in offline mode - can't 100% remember how i set it up...but you can select 'go offline' as 3rd option down under file.
I think you have to ensure your ED is 100% up to date and make sure you DO allow information to be stored on your computer.

Actually dont listen to me case i get it wrong - search steam powered support for offline mode is your best bet

Upvote 0
That's not an option for me, as I am running programs off the 2nd Steam Account (the one without RO). But thanks anyway. :)

hang on a sec sorry- your talking about running this on one single PC are you? and you cant open steam with RO-ed on it while steam with something else is running?

otherwise it's no problem cos as i type i'm running Ro-ed offline on one pc while playing MN online on the other and they are both attached to a single steam account

Upvote 0
I think I was not clear enough: I have RO on one Steam Account, and the programs I am currently running on the other account. But apart from my specific problem here, it would still be interesting to know whether or not you can run the editor without having to run Steam in the first place, which would be preferable.

Upvote 0