• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2Manny's Customs Heaven is now Darkest Hour Server

2Manny's has just gone the way of Darkest Hour. The server will run most customs available, it is well admin'ed well maintained and has some of the most skilled and mature players (When they play)... Our server is in Chicago so it should have good pings to most of the US, from East to West.

We are hoping to satisfy those US folks wanting to play with our very own US soldiers from WWII.

So come on over to 2Manny's DH (2.0) Customs Heaven and give it a shot or get shot. :D

Here is our current Map list:

Darkest Hour Standard Maps

BenouvilleBridge
BoisJacques
Brecourt
Cagny
CarentanCauseway
ChateauBellenau
Foy
Foy-20December
HedgerowHell
LaFeire(dev)_v1
LaVilleRuinee
LeFosse
MervilleBattery
MervilleMano
OmahaBeachDogGreenSector
Port-En-Bessin
PoteauAmbush(dev)-v1
Stavelot
StFromond
StLo
Wacht_am_Rhein_fix

Darkest Hour Customs Maps Final

PariserPlatz-amerika-first

Darkest Hour Customs Maps Beta

[PzDF]-Arrande-B4
BFM1AbbayeBlanche_Beta2
Bilchen_b2a
BloodyGulchBeta1
CarmesPont_beta3
Carentan_Beta1
Cheneux_beta2
Dawnville_B2
Donner-beta1
DunkirkBeta5
Foucarville_beta2a
GermanVillageBeta2
Gorlitz_300_b6
Hill_108_beta1
Hurtgenwald-V2_1
JunoBeach_Beta1
Koitos_K1_Americanb1
la-Gleize_beta3
OmahaBeachFoxGreenBeta5
Operation_Stosser_beta2
OperationDarkwing_beta3
PointeDuHoc_beta1
Prouville_B4
Prouville_Oktober1944_B1
Raids-beta1

So there is plenty to learn and keep you busy. All players are welcome.

Most popular time is 8PM EST weekdays and anytime on the weekend.

If you want 2 other very popular servers to frequent go to TWB "Old Glory" East Coast 50 to get your RO and Eastern Front battle needs and to TWI Dev's East US 50 for your MN North African battle needs.

Hope to see you all on the battlefield in one of these 3 great servers...

Click here to Download Darkest Hour MOD

Click here to Download Maps Manually

Last edited:
BubbaG

You need to set your filters correctly on your server browser in Steam or in Game for that matter. If I'm not mistaken there is no more than 30 or so servers even running Darkest Hour.

If you are using Steam down on the bottom click Servers then Change Filters then in Game drop down pick Darkest Hour, Red Orchestra or Mare Nostrum for the 3 games that are dedicated to RO, now to find ours choose Darkest Hour change Anti-Cheat to Secure, then check box for Is not password protected, then pick in Latency Drop down <150 then click the Refresh All button.

There is only one 2Manny's DH(2.0) Customs Heaven... Then just double click on it (if for some reason that doesn't work) for some reason Darkest Hour won't launch for me in the Steam Server Browser.

Just start Darkest Hour manually with the exe and pick Multiplayer and pick Internet and there are also filters you can set in their to try and find us in the list and right click on it and add us to your favorites you can add to favorites in Steam Server Browser too if you'd like.

I only have 3 servers on my list and they are those I mentioned in my original post so there is no reason to search through lists to find my fav servers...

Upvote 0
My original post will change as new releases come out and updates for current maps change. So if you know the names you'll see them change as time goes on and you'll see newer ones added.

Now where are all you so called skilled players??? We need targets so how about coming onto the server and give us some. So many on this forum can talk a big game well BRING IT!!!

For those on this forum who have played on other servers and complained about the constant lag because these servers may not be in the US, quit your crying and get in a US server that doesn't lag...

Upvote 0
I still think the bulge maps are the best ones. Through, they are not the stock ones but nevertheless play better, and it all seems fitting the scenario better. Dont get me wrong but..noone wants to play a 2h game every night. I know how many effort was put into the stock ones that lean torwards portraying the real landscape, but, as i said..its not neccesarily a thing for everyday gametime with DH.

Plus. I allways liked the sheer concept of the Atgun-capture/destroi/get( Berecourt?) out there map. Imo this concept has alot potential..even for the german side. Too bad it seems noone is willing to build on that one.

The others are just too linear, making it harder for the player to stay focused the whole 2 rounds if one round is like 1h.

Take Carentan for example. A nice mad map, but it get bland so fast. Better layed out objectives and a reasonable playtime, whould make it more intresting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We set our server up to only be 1 round and winner take all that helps to break up the same old. Now as someone stated last night they were like why does everyone keep picking a map that is a clone of another.

Now I know what maps they were talking about but for me none of them are the same, sure the village scenery is the same but they are far from cloned. Not sure why they felt that way. I love every battle that is in the village and has that gray scenery and for me DH seems more suspenseful while playing and that you don't know what is around the next bend feel.

Burned out and knocked out city, village maps are my forte I guess. Now if we had played Foy and then the other Foy I could see where they might have thought it was the same old cloned map but these maps were more different from one another so where did they get this cloned statement???

I guess I'm also a different kind of player than most. I really don't like tank maps but any infantry, combined arms and the like are great. I also am one not to mind playing a single map for the course of the night. For me it's play time regardless of whether I've played 10 maps or 1 large map, it's all the same to me and hopefully it's for a win and hopefully I have the highest score in the end (Yes I know I'm a point whore and one of the finest, I've been told)...

I enjoy being on top with the use of the bolt action that everyone always complains about having to use or you hear the old, this is the worse gun and I always get stuck with it... Heck I get in and it's the ONLY gun I choose and by the most part I'm one of the first people to load on most servers...:D

The only thing I can see wrong with some of the Custom maps for DH is when they put up barriers for shrubs and make everyone always go down an alley type way. They need to remove those and just allow the shrubs etc. to be able to be moved right through like the vegetation on Cagny per say. The bridge one is one that needs this fixed to name one of them and there are a couple others that have this also. Sure you can jump over them but it's always a real pain to get stuck on graphics etc. There are many good maps that would be much better with just a little bit of thought of not making them too linear and confined to a set path.

Another cool aspect on a couple of maps I've noticed in DH and hasn't been done before to my knowledge, which I wish was used more often is when you cap a bunch of zone then you think you're about to win and then new zones appear after capping that last one. This I think can be seen on Cheneux_beta2. At least I think that is one that seems to do that.

Something else that has NEVER been implemented I don't think in a map and would be similar to what was done to Cheneux is random caps, meaning have like the first objective met then it can be anything on the map could appear as your next cap point out of say 10 cap zones. This would change EVERY single battle and round. This is definitely something modders and mappers should try implementing. I know every map almost off by heart and it's ALWAYS the same old get this, then get that and you create paths to accomplish this over and over. Now with something like I mentioned you play say Foy tonight and the first cap becomes one of the Streets then you have to go to the Church but then the next zone to cap is clear back where you would normally spawn in the beginning like one of the fields but every time you play it could be ANY zone one after the other making it different ALMOST every single time.

Well for me as long as I can get 3-4 hours of play in a night it doesn't matter to me if it's just one map or 10 it all equals one thing, I got to play...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
nice post clown, not sure what you mean with cheneux, it's a regular map that doesn't have anything different from my other maps.

i see what people can mean by similar looking maps, and it's true but also normal. since the maps are of villages and towns that lay right next to each other, and that were captured by the same soldiers on the same day. so it's only normal they look similar, but i do think each map has a totally different layout and gameplay. im currently working on the fourth map of the KG peiper series next to cheneux la gleize and stavelot, then we will have 4 maps that follow each other up, something a bit like kriegstadt, konigsplatz and pariserplatz. but i will then make a version of each map where the other team attacks, that way we will be able to hold real time campaigns where if you win a map, you will attack on the next map, but if you lose, you will defend on the previous map. something that has never been done before i think

Upvote 0
Yeah since they all do look alike there is one though that has a cap that once you cap it that 2 new cap zones appear on the map that I don't think were there originally. I remember saying to folks hey we almost have this and it was the last zone on the map then we capped it and I was waiting to see that we won then when I checked the map there was 2 more zones to go.

Maybe they were able to recap them back (Not sure) but I don't think so, hey maybe I'm crazy and the zones were there all along. Now if I am crazy maybe this is something that can be implemented if it hasn't already. I also think my idea of Dynamic caps meaning they can change from game to game so that playing a single map would never be the same again. Now with DH there are so many cap zones for maps compared to say a Stalingrad Kiesel that in DH it would make for some very intense battles and you'd always have to use your map to know where to go next.

Now think if you were playing Stalingrad and one time you played it you had to get North first, then Assembly, then Warehouse, then South. Then the next time you played you had to get South, then North... Now mind you the spawns would have to be dynamic as well.

I think that would add a whole new twist to the game.

Anyway is there a map that has caps that aren't there until you cap something else or am I crazy, I mean as I mentioned above. It's definitely one of the maps that has the same scenery as the others. I know it's not Stavelot, you said it's not Cheneux, it's none of the Foys, so maybe it is la gieze??? It's almost like capping the last zone on Cheneux but then 2 zones on the main road become available and you have to go through several houses along this road to cap those then a couple more or 1 more becomes available and I think the final is a chateu or something and the americans come down from the woods to that zone, I think that is the map that sort of implements something I mentioned except that it's still always in the same order.

This could even be something that is a DH ONLY sort of thing by creating a system for dynamic caps since there are so many per most maps, this would keep from anyone following the same old routine when capping and making better use of the map while in game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0