• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad The Red Army's 181st Tank Brigade is enroute to the front!

Babefish really, really sucks. Once i had to use it to translate large russian text into english. When it did, my jaw dropped onto the floor. And i began to translate it by myself.
Viktor, i like the idea of a clan based on real Soviet brigade, so i would like to improve it a little, so it'd be really perfect. Your sig says: "Передние камрады" which means "fore-part comrades". I take it that you wanted to say "Forward comrades!", right? If yes, it'll be "Вперед, товарищи!". Russians did not use "comrade" word, they said tovarish (have the same meaning, but comrade is a western word).
I hope you don't get mad, because i didn't want to criticize you, but to help. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestions, Bolt. As I said, we're Americans and Canadians that speak English so the Russian text is purely for "flavor" as we can't read it anyway. But if you're going to do something it's worth doing right.

If you REALLY want to be helpful to the Brigade, though, we can use some extra tank crewmen. With battle fast approaching, every man counts. Care to strap one onf of our T-34's, Tovarich?

Upvote 0
Soviet occupation... :/ Well, ok, whatever.

When Lithuania was one of 15 republics of Soviet union, the goverment's official language was russian, but, in the republic itself they also tought lithuanian, if one wanted to study it. So, basically, in Lithuania there were 2 common languages: russian and lit, in Latvia - latvian and russian, in Ukraine - ukrainian and russian, etc.

Upvote 0