• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO and new Macbooks?

Spoon

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2005
Hey all
I wanna pick up a new macbook and wondering if this game will run well with the macbooks specs?
Probably will be running it on 1280x1050 res. How will it handle it?

Just got to say this is still the best WW2 game out there. LOVE IT.

RO cares more about your processor than your graphics card. Should run just fine, especially given that the engine is a few years old. I used to play the mod version on my Powerbook, and that was quite playable. Since your Macbook will definitely have a better proc and gpu than I had, you should be fine.

Edit: Yeah, just to be sure, I checked my old PB. I only had a single 1.67 Ghz proc. You've probably got some 2+ Ghz Core 2 Duo.

Upvote 0
As Bobdog mentioned, RO needs bit more CPU than anything else.

But as long as you have other components (memory, display driver, CPU) in decent balance and a way to run the game, it should be fine. Even my Acer laptop can run RO with high details and wide-screen resolution and only in some very very very large maps (like that one huge-*** winter tank custom map) it has minor FPS issues.

Actually, this laptop is even capable of running BiAHH very playable, unless you don't count small resolution you gotta use :p

Upvote 0
The 13 inch model will only do 1280x800. I've played it on an old macbook 13 inch model that used integrated intel gfx - and RO sucked balls on it but I'm guessing the 9400M is decent.

I actually tried earlier today to run Red Orchestra on Acer Aspire One my mother bought some time ago. To my surprise, it actually ran, and if you put everything as low as possible and 320x[whatever] resolution on you could actually play it online, as long as it was not too large server and\or map.

Not bad for 9inch laptop tbh :D

Upvote 0