• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO for 5$ on steam!

\

Oh cmon, tell me when you walk into EBGames and see "Urban Operations 3" or whatever, brand new game selling for $25 you don't immediately think "generic, ****ty, budget shooter".

I deduce that from the title, not the price, and no, the higher the price, the more I think its a ****ing scam. and I tend to find info about a game before buying it, I'm not rich to go blindly looking for games.

Upvote 0
I deduce that from the title, not the price, and no, the higher the price, the more I think its a ****ing scam. and I tend to find info about a game before buying it, I'm not rich to go blindly looking for games.

Well, I can still tell this small story. A couple of months after RO came out, I was in the game section in WalMart when I noticed two teenagers holding the RO box and looking at it. They were commenting that it looked interesting and all, but the one said it was only (I think at the time) $25 and for that price, how good can it be? Meaning of course, if it is cheap, that it is just one of those budget releases that suck. I had to inform them of its quality, but I don't know if they ultimately bought it.

Sooooo, there are the informed, and the uninformed. And quite honestly, if I didn't know about RO and just saw it in the store at that price, I would think the same thing, as most of the titles at the cheaper price were either really old games or those Valusoft titles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Taking into consideration the success that Tripwire Interactive have had with Game1, the press coverage for Game 2 should be pretty intense, (good reviews allowing).
Add to that the marketing that TWI will apply for the new release, I hope that a reasonable price will be possible.

That takes care of the PC version!

Upvote 0
I saw a guy at Best Buy around the time the boxed version came out checking it out and decided to be a salesman for the game and talked to the guy for 2 or 3 minutes about how fun and realistic(compared to the other stuff on the market)the game was. I am happy to report that the guy bought the game and I'm a little proud to know that I was able to bring at least one more to the light.

Upvote 0
Well, I can still tell this small story. A couple of months after RO came out, I was in the game section in WalMart when I noticed two teenagers holding the RO box and looking at it. They were commenting that it looked interesting and all, but the one said it was only (I think at the time) $25 and for that price, how good can it be? Meaning of course, if it is cheap, that it is just one of those budget releases that suck. I had to inform them of its quality, but I don't know if they ultimately bought it.

Sooooo, there are the informed, and the uninformed. And quite honestly, if I didn't know about RO and just saw it in the store at that price, I would think the same thing, as most of the titles at the cheaper price were either really old games or those Valusoft titles.

Exactly. Fedorov, you're missing the point. I NEVER make blind purchases of games. Usually I read like every single review out there actually and play a demo if possible.

BUT, if I'd never heard of the game (and I had never heard of RO till I randomly saw some post about it on a wargamers forum) and saw it in a store, REGARDLESS of how cool it looked, the features it touted, etc. I would be turned off if the price was half what the norm for a brand new game and would probably not even bother looking it up.

Upvote 0
If i wouldnt know allready what kind of game RO is when i first time saw it on shop. I wouldnt bought it because Cover art was so horrible...

That later version got better.

And im not ready to buy 50€ games anymore... When i was kid and spend my parents money, things was different. But i think that Ro goes to that age group which have most less money in the world...20-25 years old students and people at start of their working career.

Upvote 0