• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Kampfgruppe Mitzel

Will you guys be moving in on Mare Nostrum? A problem with that might be the fact that none of the units in KG Mitzel were in the North Africa campaign.
Although i do recall the 72nd wearing 15th Panzer tags on MN.
Its just that MN has suddenly came from being the underdog of the mods to the main one all thanks to steam (finally they did something good).

Upvote 0
Really we play all mods.

We haven't particularly worked out the machinations of it, though. We're lucky in that 11. PzD (or elements thereof) fought on the Eastern and Western Fronts as well as in the Balkans. Portions of the division also fought in Afrika before they were absorbed into the Division in... 44 I think.

Upvote 0
I've tried to do this with little succes for the "Theatre of Conflict" realism campaigns. I've managed to get a decent size of Allied players together for "Operation Market Garden". The issues that I think end up killing all allied units is the tanks. Lets face it, a Mk3 can take out a sherman, now put them 1 on 1 against a Panther/Tiger, not a good outcome. How did the allies resolve this in RL, superior numbers and airpower. Both of these can not be reflected in DH. We have a 50 man server and thought we could have the allies single tank to the german double crewed making the numbers 2 to 1 (and still better 1 on 1). It at least gives the allies something to work with, but was turned down by the German units because it's not real. As much as I like DH, they release killer JagdPanthers but give the Allies another Sherman type (Cromwell). The Americans/British have no IS2's/Panther/Tiger's to help even it out (since we can't have 5 to 1 odds). We need a M26 just to counter these issues. I know very few exsisted in Europe, but we need that or the Jumbo Shermans w 76mm. It has made the allies side unplayable for tanking or realism. I like MN now because the early tanks all sucked, so the tables are more even in that mod. The realism community must work together in order to survive. Why are all the units Germans? Then ask yourself who won the war? See something wrong with the way RO/DH is setup.

Upvote 0
Or just have 8 axis tanks Vs something like 15 allied tanks this would help even things out a little. The main problem is, is that the allies are outnumbered there are four large axis units wanting to battle every week but only one allied unit to fight against (I know there are other allied units but they ether dont participate in the campaign or are to small to be of any value what so ever).

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann

Upvote 0
I have no porblem doing that either, but I was trying to let everyone play. Because there are so many German units, they would only get to have 16 people, while the Allies who are hard pressed to field 25 would have to come up with 30 to man 15 tanks. This is why single tanking is the only way to make everyone happy, that is unless a German unit turns Allied.

Upvote 0
I would indeed force german tankers to team tank. And allied tankers to tank alone.

This will give the german tankers the advantage of good communication in real life as they can really communicate. And the allies the numerical advantage + somewhat a lack in control because they must do everything themselves.
(either driving or firing, with a seperate driver that tank can continuously angle himself against the enemy).

So its not that unrealistic especially since both teams got great comms due to ventrillo teamspeak etc anyway, taking away the allied communicational disadvantage. 2 man tank + imaginary gunner is not too realistic either if it got an mg slot, atleast i think that every place in a tank was normally filled. so driver, gunner, machine gunner, reloader.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very true, but if an effective way can be reached to bring up Allied armor in a way to make them stand a chance, more allied units would appear. Until DH brings out later U.S. and the Churchhill tanks, we can only use the numbers game against German units. The other option is Arty, but again this may overwelm the Germans or do nothing in realism matches.

Upvote 0
I would indeed force german tankers to team tank. And allied tankers to tank alone.

Personally I think that would be a real disadvantage for the allies having only one man tanks. A compitantly manned German tank would wip the floor with any number of single manned Shermans.

They might have the upper hand in tanks, but on inf maps the allies should handle them. The m1 garand is such a dominate weapon and k98 hardly stands a chance.

To be honest I am not sure that the M1 Garand is that superior to the K98k we have played many infanterie battles against the Americans and have suffered very few casualties at the hands of M1's, we are yet to be defeated by the American forces so it seems that superior tactics and leadership make up for the suposed inferiority of the K98k.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To be honest, I think it's German skill. Each German soldier has had far more time to perfect his weapon then each American. Our issue is that we don't play enough DH to be a real threat of a unit and to be effective. We play both German and Russian sides in the RO League. So we are constantly changing sides and not perfecting any of them, lol. This will change though. I plan to step up the commitment to play DH more when DH releases it's updates on Steam with new tanks.

Also, we are going to do a test run of Allies single tanking vs German double tanking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Congratulations. I used easy words so Schweitz could get the gist of it :p.

Now please only posts related to KG Mitzel: Updates, Questions, etc...

I appreciate the discussion and totally agree with Zetsumei. The only difference is don't FORCE us to do anything, ask us to. You'll find ... most ... of the Axis units fairly amicable when it comes to getting matches going (after all the older units had to deal with 3.SA for so long).

Also, would you mind passing me your Xfire or posting on our forums sometime? I had a couple questions for you.

Please please please please just keep this on topic...

Upvote 0
I appreciate the discussion and totally agree with Zetsumei. The only difference is don't FORCE us to do anything, ask us to. You'll find ... most ... of the Axis units fairly amicable when it comes to getting matches going (after all the older units had to deal with 3.SA for so long).

Also, would you mind passing me your Xfire or posting on our forums sometime? I had a couple questions for you.

Please please please please just keep this on topic...

Sorry, are you talking to me or Zetsumei?

Upvote 0
Personally I think that would be a real disadvantage for the allies having only one man tanks. A compitantly manned German tank would wip the floor with any number of single manned Shermans.

To be honest I am not sure that the M1 Garand is that superior to the K98k we have played many infanterie battles against the Americans and have suffered very few casualties at the hands of M1's, we are yet to be defeated by the American forces so it seems that superior tactics and leadership make up for the suposed inferiority of the K98k.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann

Ya, your correct about tactics is what really matter but in honesty the m1 garand is better.

Upvote 0
Rules are there to be enFORCED though ;P.

if rules are made for fair gaming then they must be followed by others. Its not a matter of sportsmanship and whatnot, maybe every axis realism clan would gladly do things they are asked, but there will always be one person one team thats trying to find every loop hole in ruling. Thats why clear boundaries can be handy for everybody.

one man tanks are indeed disadvantagous but as i said this could show the more realistic tactical advantage of the germans, because since this is an online game there is no real tactical advantage of axis over allies or whatever. The difference being is that if you have a reasonable number of tanks that are weaker. They have more time to close in on the enemy (reloading takes time). Allow them to maneuvre so you can never angle yourself optimal against the enemy, have double firepower.

Together with that every john doe that ever tanked alone in ro knows how to reload while driving so you only need to stop to shoot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ya, your correct about tactics is what really matter but in honesty the m1 garand is better.

It pains me so to say this but yes on paper I supose the M1 Garand is a better weapon. But we do just fine with our Mauser's :rolleyes: anyway the K98k's only really play a supporting role our MG's are the main killing weapons.

Regards
Ernst Hoffmann

Upvote 0