• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 5

Yeah, and what's so bad about added aimpoint sights? Or the added possibility for everyone to chose every weapon? It's still ww2, right? Well, sorta. There might not be distinguishable ww2 factions anymore now that everyone can chose every weapon and uniform accuracy is only taken so far as to make people look different and there might not be ww2 weaponry anymore with all the fancy modern gadgets one can strap onto them but guys, if you take away the shinyness and plasticy appearance and the general video-game air that surrounds everything the environments could still be ww2 environments. They could be modern but primitive jungle camps too but they could also be ww2 environments!
So even if they went on to not only gamify the combat mechanics, which every CoD did so far but now they completely faqued up any atmosphere the old CoDs admittedly still had and they even include their own non-sense gamemodes because they don't even trust their product themselves - does that make it less of a ww2 experience?

I think not, Ladies and Gentlemen!
[/sarcasm]

The game could be fun as heck. I don't know. I haven't played it. I liked CoD2 though and that wasn't realistic either. But please, if you can't even admit that Treyarch shat on their source material and produced a CoD-game that doesn't even provide visual realism, if nothing else, then something is wrong with your head.
Sure you might still like it as a game! Others are turned off by that sharp decline in authenticy. Accept that or ignore it but there is no way to argue it that doesn't make you look fanboyish or DraKonish. :p
No offense, I hope he can take the joke.

Upvote 0
You talk about how the game has lost any of its ww2 feeling etc. etc. yet you never played it(and even admit you never did). I can guarantee you that the SP/coop(under normal circumstances without anything modified) is still as 'atmospheric' as it was in any previous ww2 CoD.

And what's the big deal about nazi zombies? For pretty much any popular online fps there are zombie mods out which tend to always find many players to fill the servers. So in fact they just kinda did that by themself instead of having the community do it. And as it seems they put quite a lot of work in it(as you can even buy different stuff to block entries etc) what's so negative in the end? And guess what, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. There's still regular MP or regular COOP.

Upvote 0
I was talking about the regular MP. Apart from this:
I didn't even mention the zombie mode and I stand by that statement.
CoD5s mp is the logical consequence of CoD4s. In fact your standard CoD2 wasnt much different than that either, just that back then there were no points/ranking etc. but gameplay itself was the same basically(I played it for 2years online). Only on a few selected servers it was different as in more tactical etc. And same goes for CoD4 and 5(hardcore mode).

I was talking about the regular MP. Apart from this:
I didn't even mention the zombie mode and I stand by that statement.
Being an ignorant and 'standing by that statement' won't make it any better. How is it nonsense when for every cod so far the community created zombie mods? And how does that have anything to do with not trusting their product? :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

First, that answer wasn't for you, stop jumping at posts.

Second,

COD is still what it has been on the day one, nothing has changed. The key for singleplayer is "IMMERSIVE" and they delivered that with every COD game available yet. They don't care if the uniforms are %100 realistic, if the locations are complete remake of the real ones, IT'S OK as long as it gives you the FEELING.

Since we know a lot more about WW2 and "realism" in a game than the average mainstream gamer out there, we tend to get a critical approach to some games. TBH when it comes to COD series, I just take off my "realism nazi" glasses and play to have fun. AND I do have fun. I loved every bit of COD, COD4 and had really good time in their multiplayer. I have 1000+ hours in RO, I play IL-2, Lock-On, Falcon 4, Armed Assault, OFP, Hearts Of Iron, SH4 and those kind of stuff; but it doesn't give me a "right" to call a game bull**** because it's not "realistic enough". COD has never been, never will be.

There's no point in dive jumping into the thread and start trolling right away, COD won't change.

As for MP, they've been the same for the whole series. DM, TDM and some extra for each new game, nothing realistic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Second,

COD is still what it has been on the day one, nothing has changed. The key for singleplayer is "IMMERSIVE" and they delivered that with every COD game available yet. They don't care if the uniforms are %100 realistic, if the locations are complete remake of the real ones, IT'S OK as long as it gives you the FEELING.

Since we know a lot more about WW2 and "realism" in a game than the average mainstream gamer out there, we tend to get a critical approach to some games. TBH when it comes to COD series, I just take off my "realism nazi" glasses and play to have fun. AND I do have fun. I loved every bit of COD, COD4 and had really good time in their multiplayer. I have 1000+ hours in RO, I play IL-2, Lock-On, Falcon 4, Armed Assault, OFP, Hearts Of Iron, SH4 and those kind of stuff; but it doesn't give me a "right" to call a game bull**** because it's not "realistic enough". COD has never been, never will be.

There's no point in dive jumping into the thread and start trolling right away, COD won't change.

As for MP, they've been the same for the whole series. DM, TDM and some extra for each new game, nothing realistic.
QFT.

Upvote 0
They revealed a Nazi-Zombie coop gamemode! :D:D

While that no doubt is rediculous for a WW2-Game that's trying to be realistic/authentic in SP at least, it's actually looking better than the default cod:waw mp lol. And in the end there would've been those kind of zombie mods out anyways, so infact it's a nice thing if you look at it that way.

Those are not Nazis Zombies they are Nazis SS Zombies.

Upvote 0
You do know how a forum works, right?

The key for singleplayer is "IMMERSIVE" and they delivered that with every COD game available yet.
First, that's debatable and second, I wasn't talking about the singleplayer.
I specifically clarified that.
I loved every bit of COD, COD4 and had really good time in their multiplayer. I have 1000+ hours in RO, I play IL-2, Lock-On, Falcon 4, Armed Assault, OFP, Hearts Of Iron, SH4 and those kind of stuff; but it doesn't give me a "right" to call a game bull**** because it's not "realistic enough"
I'm sorry, but who cares what you've played? Where did I call CoD5 "bull**** because it's not realistic enough"?
Ever since my first appearance in this thread I said that CoD was never realistic and I liked the fast twitch-shooter gameplay in CoD2's multiplayer. Why would I attack CoD5 for offering similar gameplay?

I was talking about visual realism (in italics again, for the cheap seats). I didn't even say I dislike the new direction myself (though I do). I attacked people like you who jump on those who criticise the game for this new direction because they happen to not like it. You didn't even post, "hey, who cares, at least the game is fun". That's something DraKon would say and it makes perfect sense. If you don't care about visual realism you can take the gameplay for what it is and if it's anything like the old games it IS fun. Respect to him for defending this position on a forum full of realism-nuts. You said:
Why it is "no more a ww2 experience"?
This is either a case of total denial of the posted screenshots, blissful ignorance or trolling. It's less of a ww2 experience because we don't even use ww2 equipment in it anymore! It doesn't matter how realistic said equipment behaves. It's not even ww2 equipment to begin with!
Why is CoD4 less of a ww2 experience than CoD3? Well, why? The gameplay is still good, isn't it? It's even better in CoD4, isn't it? So why is it less of a ww2 experience?

It HAS changed. That's what people are talking about if you didn't notice.

CoD5s mp is the logical consequence of CoD4s. In fact your standard CoD2 wasnt much different than that either, just that back then there were no points/ranking etc. but gameplay itself was the same basically(I played it for 2years online). Only on a few selected servers it was different as in more tactical etc. And same goes for CoD4 and 5(hardcore mode).
I specifically stated that the gameplay might still be as fun as ever but that the visual realism (I even put it in italics) suffered a great deal compared to previous titles. People are turned off by that and that's understandable even by someone who does not care.
What's funny is that it's obvious to a blind man that they didn't care for visual realism this time around when there are aimpoints on guns yet you people still claim that it's as much of a ww2 experience as the old CoD games were. That's simply not true. The gameplay may not have changed much but that's not what reasonable people were complaining about.
This isn't even an attack on the game itself. Some people don't like that visual direction, just as some people don't like the art style of Halo or Gears of War yet you jump on everyone who utters even the remotest bit of criticism against this game.

Being an ignorant and 'standing by that statement' won't make it any better. How is it nonsense when for every cod so far the community created zombie mods?
It doesn't need to be any better. That's why I stand by it...
Just because the community made the same mods for every game doesn't mean they are any good or should be in the main game. There are excessive weapon type mods for almost every modable game out there. Full auto-redeemers for UT2004, or this little gem for CoD2. There are also nude-patches for every darn game with female characters, celebrity voice-packs and cheaply made "camo" skins for weapons for almost every modable game... Are such things fun to mess around with? Maybe. Do they attract players? Sure, for an hour or two. Some even like it longer. Is it nonsense? Yes, yes it is nonsense. Should such things be in the vanilla game? No, in my opinion they shouldn't.

At least not if the game wants to be taken seriously (of course such things are fun in, say, Timesplitters). Which brings us to the start of the loop again. The old CoD games wanted to be taken seriously. Notice how on the mainstream media they were always praised as realistic and sometimes even criticised for being 'too realistic'? As Rak pointed out, the average gamer can't tell make-belief realism from realism and as the games always had action packed but immersive singleplayer campaigns they were taken serious and they were regarded as realistic. How serious do you, personally, take a game that comes with a zombie mode, points popping up over killed enemies and obvious anachronisms in the equipment so it doesn't even feel like ww2 anymore (to those who criticise it for that. I'm sure there are enough people who won't even notice)?
An honest answer would be, "not at all, but if it's fun I don't care. I can disable most of what I don't like and I play it for the fun gameplay and the great and smooth graphics not necessarily for a ww2 experience. That's what the singleplayer is for." That's something I could imagine hearing DraKon say.

What's so hard to understand when people who would want to play it for the ww2 experience pass on the game because that's not what it offers to a degree that these people would like?

Why the "it's fun so shut up" attitude?

Upvote 0
I never claimed that CoD5 delivers so much of a ww2 experience MP. I think we got a bit mixed up here so let's put it like this:

Singleplayer - I got to play it myself(well, coop but was a SP mission anyways). It was still the 'same old cod' so to say in terms of ww2 atmosphere with more spicy stuff like in cod4(execution scenes, etc. generally those kinda 'shock moments'), they kinda took the best of both games(old cods and cod4) and mixed it together very well. I don't think you really have anything to critify here. It seemed to me a bit like you were talking about how previous Call of Duties always were so ww2-experience kind of games. In SP they sure were and still are, but in

Multiplayer - it was 80% of the time also very deathmatchy, much spam etc. Just remember how everybody was always using MP44 only. So I would indeed go as far as saying that the core gameplay is still the same, just that CoD5 kinda expanded in that direction with adding the ranking system etc. Also I don't see how you're always talking about 'people are turned off', sure some are no doubt but in the end there'll still be one of the biggest player bases without any doubt(though maybe not as many as cod4 due to ww2 setting). About aimpoints, 1) they aren't your modern acog aimpoints but some improvised kind of aiming help, 2) I don't really like it either but hey if I don't like it I just don't use it. If it however is like I've read from some beta report that a weapon is actually becoming stronger by using such an 'aimpoint', then there might be a problem indeed.

Coop/Nazi-Zombies - I honestly can't understand your position here at all. Nobody is forcing you to play this especcially as it isnt unlocked till you finished the SP campaign. Plus they have various other mutators for coop as well. So how can you blame them for adding things that many people will like and nobody forcing YOU specifically to play it? And tbh. Call of Duty 4 very well showed how serious you have to take such a game, having sold over ten million copies. And neither do I understand the way you're talking about zombie mods. Just look at how many zombie modifactors there are for the main MP games.

My main message to you is: Why does it upset you so much?
  • It makes all those zombie-fans happy and those are quite a lot
  • since they obviously put quite a lot of work into the zombie coop it will no doubt attract most/many players
  • nobody forcing YOU to play it and you're basically not affected by it at all, you just have some bonus just like the other coop mutators for more variety and what not
  • if you want more tactical and more realistic play hardcore mode
In other regards id like to ask you to please try to put down the arrogant/sarcastic attitude you sth show.

Upvote 0