• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brothers in Arms HH E3 trailer

That would be due to pretty failing gamemode (original BiA gamemode wouldve been way better), but the biggest problem was that no matter how good the server you were on was, you would always lag. And i seriously mean always.
It really is that bad. It's not lagspikes, it's constant, relentless lag. Also, the coversystem doesnt work at all in mp because your head sticks over cover most of the time, and because of that is totally useless. And that leaves you without a decent way to lean and to stay safe.

Upvote 0
The game is ok but some of the design decisions are stupid. Like in authentic mode when you are taking cover and pop up to fire there's no crosshair like the other modes, but at the same time you also cannot aim down the sights of your gun while popped up, so you basically can't make aimed fire when using the games cover function on authentic mode. Really ****ing stupid....

Upvote 0
The game is ok but some of the design decisions are stupid. Like in authentic mode when you are taking cover and pop up to fire there's no crosshair like the other modes, but at the same time you also cannot aim down the sights of your gun while popped up, so you basically can't make aimed fire when using the games cover function on authentic mode. Really ****ing stupid....

The idea behind that would be to make it impossible to just snipe an enemy behind cover, and make it necessary to flank him again.
In Authentic mode you can only use this mode to give covering fire, just like in previous game where most of the firing you did was to supress the enemy and not to kill him. I didnt really mind.

Upvote 0
I think its a really fun game and the graphics are freakin insane. Your squads bullets seem to go everywhere but the enemy, although sometimes they will kill a guy who you force into the open. There is this "Battle Camera" thing that slows stuff down when you get a head shot from a certain distance or blow the living hell out of people with bazookas or grenades. It doesn't happen all the time so it doesn't interrupt gameplay often. Plus its always awsome watching a guy get his *** blow off in slow motion. The gore is over the top with body parts flying everywhere. One grenade sent a guys body into the air missing half, not all but half, of his head, both arms, and a leg. But it still looks awsome, especially after a battle when you see how much you and your squad kick ***.

A couple things I don't like:
They claim to be historically accurate and realism based but there really isn't too much of that. You can hip fire MG with no recoil and kill anyone in your way without missing. Around every corner they portrait all the Germans as raping murderers and all evil doers. I think a lot of people need to remember that just because someone was in the Wehrmacht or was a German citizen during WWII does not make them a Nazi. So I don't like a "historically accurate" game portraying that. At times the AI can be a little... retarded... Also all of the "we want you to like all of these characters because we are going to kill a bunch of them" cut scenes fail. So far there really isn't any character development.

So I say its a good buy if you like this type of game. The action is good, the game play is good, the graphics are insane, and you can blow any body part you want off of a German soldier.

Upvote 0
In the early BIA's I took the assault team under my wing and I flanked 'em my self. Practically every enemy died by my fire.

Also in Hell's Highway, after about halfway through, I stopped bothering with the stupid, inept and aggravating teams and just had all 3 elements of my squad follow me while I did all the work lol
That's exactly how I play it, I command my base of fire and lead the assault team to out flank the enemies, the way the cover system works in authentic mode makes it a real pia.

Upvote 0
So I just finished BIA:HH. Game is WAY too short and I am kinda pissed I bought it. I suggest you either rent it or if you are a fan of the series then buy it. It was a really fun game and the ending was a little emotional. I've played the past ones so what what happened to the one guy was sad
cry.gif
. I suggest that if you like sending squad mates into suicide rushes against two German MG-42's then you will want this game. The tank parts are pretty fun too. Nothing like blowing a squad of German soldiers with a shell from a M4 Sherman.

I cant wait for the battle of the bulge next :D

Upvote 0
I thought it was a bit lengthier then most SP shooters available today, but yeah, i enjoyed the game so i wished it was longer as well.
Esp. more multi-squad combat missions. Or at least less laggy multiplayer.
I bought the Special Edition though, played it through 3 times so far on each difficulty, with my Baker figurine watching over my shoulder:D

And yeah, the ending actually amazed me for a bit, i was thinking 'this never happened to a game character before, wow' and made me quiet:p

Upvote 0
I bought the Special Addition too. I didn't care about the action figure filled with lead paint from China. I just wanted it for the supposed "Operation Market Garden Poster". It wasn't a poster at all but rather small than a piece of line paper. So I did the next best thing and blew the action figure up with some firework I got in Mexico.

Upvote 0