• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design New Custom Tank Map

Ricky: Thanks for the feedback on map balance. I am always interested in hearing peoples thoughts on if the map seems relatively fair for both sides.

Bartbear: Thanks again for posting the B version of the Maslova map. I think folks will like the subtle changes I made.

Vedas: Saw you online the other night -- you're quite the killing machine :) On the Objective thing; Yes I agree. In fact I had tried to put another objective on the MaslovaMap sometime ago buit ran into problems -- the like of which I can't recall now. Perhaps I'll try farting around with adding one more Obj. The map went through many transformations and experiments over the last several months.

Schwendau: Thanks for the feedback. Yes most of the tank maps seem to be have alot of Tigers and IS2. I think folks like playing these tanks. I just wanted to try something with a slightly different force mix.

2Fisted: Thanks for your feedback. Any impressions about play balance would be of interest. On the new map thing, yes I am working on another tank\infantry map set in Poland -- October 1944. It's based on somthing I read in Jentz's Panzertruppen.

Jeff

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Latest and probably last update to Maslova. Version C.

http://rapidshare.com/files/161406806/RO-Maslova_1943_Version_C.zip

Just an aside but there are a couple of versions of the map floating around on various servers that have been modded by others folks. The heavy tanks mod I suppose was to be expected and looks and plays fine. On the hand "MOD2" is a really bad hack and slash job of my original map, and I wish who ever did it would take the Maslova title off the map -- or better just not hack and slash the map. The MOD2 map has no real resemblance to terrain on planet earth. I think whoever did the mode simply selected all low poly count trees and removed them from the map. I assume this was an attempt to increase map performance. They would have been better off removing the few high poly count trees that surround the low poly trees. There was a certain look I was after and the high poly count trees were utilized for accenting wooded areas. The low poly trees were intended to give depth to wooded areas. The arbitrary removal off all low poly trees in the MOD2 version results in this extremely weird looking terrain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0