• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hello my brethren !
Im greyskin & new to the forum but i've secretly been reading this forum for quite some time now, watching pics and videos of Red orchestra over and over.

The time for choosing, joining & supporting a side with riflefire will soon be here, in not too long I will buy a new computer wich will make me capable of reaching you guys.
Dont despair ! support is coming & when it will come you'll will hear it ,
you will hear my screams of bloodlust followed up by heavy machine gun fire.....
laying me to rest.... but hey i took those bullets for you, covered you and made enemies give away position.
Ohh yes i can feel the war instruments of this orchestra calling me to play.
Bye!

Upvote 0
Hello form MadTommy

Hello form MadTommy

Hi boys and girls,

Just saying hello, i'm about to get RO from Steam.

Never played before, but i'm an avid WW2 game fan, (and history fan) been playing FPS games since BF 1942. For the last 2 years i've been really only playing Project Reality, a reality mod for BF2. A great game.. well worth checking out.

RO looks right up my street, and i look forward to being a total newbie on the battlefield. (Don't worry, i'll be doing my best not to get in your way, or causing any grief, i'll be a newbie not a noob! )

I'm sure i'll have lots of questions soon :D

Regards MadTommy

Upvote 0
Is there a rule about making new threads??... i made one but its just disappeared?

the fact that new members cant contribute to these forums is EXTREMELY UNWELCOMING

Having to have replies in your own thread accepted by a Moderator before they can be displayed, stinks.

I also ended up making two posts asking the same thing within 24 hours, only on the 2nd post did i see the comment about having to be accepted by a MOD, (it only shows up for about 1 second). The 'mod' then posted both threads.. i mean come on, if you are going to moderate new comers posts do it!, dont just not display them for 48 hours.

Anyway, i wont be posting here again as it a waste of time. If a mod wants to PM me and lift these restrictions i'd like to contribute in these forums, but in the mean time it a total waste of time and extremely unwelcoming.

Goodbye.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow!

Wow!

Just bought RO after ages debating whether I should when really I should have bought it years ago. It's amazing and I'm so impressed! I've played FPS sims before and up to now Hidden and Danerous 2 was probably my favourite but RO is like a sim for 'grown ups' by comparison. I've just tried multiplayer for the first time which is really challenging after so many years of single player. I'm a great fan of other sims like Battle of Britain WOV, Il2 Sturmovic, Silent Hunter 3 and RO is a great addition (looking forward to Steel Fury 1942 too).

Are there any popular mods/patches I should consider?

Btw the sound effects in RO are awesome; they're the best I've come across in any sim. Hats off to Tripwire for this gem.

D

Upvote 0
Evening gents,

(and gals too)

Another Finnish guy here, an all-around WW2 and military buff with a corresponding interest in war-related games like Red Orchestra (Playing with the nick Pherkele, nowadays mainly in the TWB 50 player servers), Armed Assault, Operation Flashpoint, etc. and also strategy games from the Combat Mission series to Hearts of Iron 2.

Upvote 0
Hello guys, wanted to come in and say hello, pleased to meet you all.

I am an old time gamer and you may know me by my old monikers DevNull or Piper/lcpiper. Played too many to bother listing but RO has my attention and although I certainly rank as a newbie I am sure I'll pick it up just fine.

Thanx to the server guys, I really appreciate what you guys do for us all :)

See you guys in game, thru my sights of course :D

Upvote 0
New guy

New guy

Hello fellas, I'm new to RO and loving it so far.

I've played loads of WW2 games, most notably Steel Panthers and the Combat Mission series in strategy games, and MoHAA and CoD1/UO in FPS. I never really got on with CoD 2 though, after UO there's no going back in the shoebox.

Oh yeah, and I played World War 2 Online for a while which is great but it sucked up way too much spare time. I still miss those three day battles, though...

Anyway, after ages I finally got RO and here I am.

If you see someone called Obgfr_Porta or Gibbon running around the map lost, that'll be me. Be gentle.

S!

Upvote 0