• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The question I've been having...

Deleted member 6927

Jul 19, 2006
For a little over a year now...

-----

Will RO be updated ever again? If so, is there anything drastic that the devs may do to keep the game enticing, so that us old timers can re-love the game again?

Another thing, is the enginer that you're working with very moddable? I am not a game developer/programmer (in essence of game creation..) so I do not know if you've hit the ceiling, or if there is infinite possibilities in modification for RO keeping it a timeless classic...

I haven't had a WW2 fix in many years and due to my addiction to IL2, Combat Missions, and earlier - RO...(not including the HPS sims I've been playing to pass time as well..) there hasn't been many releases that have kept my capitivated like the times before.

-
Enven

What everyone else said, plus:

Another thing, is the enginer that you're working with very moddable? I am not a game developer/programmer (in essence of game creation..) so I do not know if you've hit the ceiling, or if there is infinite possibilities in modification for RO keeping it a timeless classic...

There is every reason to believe "game 2" will be on UnrealEngine 3.. which is inherently moddable, so i'm sure mods will emerge from it.

Upvote 0
What everyone else said, plus:

There is every reason to believe "game 2" will be on UnrealEngine 3.. which is inherently moddable, so i'm sure mods will emerge from it.

I just hope the game will run on low-medium machines like the current version so we don't have to spend a fortune to play. I plan on building a machine around RO2 or whatever they have planned when they announce something.

Upvote 0
Have you got UT2007?

If you can run that on single player on high settings (bots take up a tonne of resources) then RO2 or anything using UE3 will run fine on multiplayer!

If you can play any UE3 based game (On the upper end Bioshock, Gears of War.. all the way down to RoboBlitz), that should give you an idea of what you're looking at.

Today, it's pretty 'medium' level hardware to run those games. So depending where you are at on that scale will probably predict where you will end up with "game 2" since all we really know about it is that it is a UE3 based game.

Upvote 0