• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brothers in Arms HH E3 trailer

My Special Edition arrives tomorrow, it has been confirmed.
I cant freaking wait.

Dont care what anyone says, those graphics look fine to me and i love the detail on their faces. This is gonna kick ***.

It looks good but the game plays like Gears of War and Vegas but without the various things that made those titles fun. The story is confusing as hell some times and the characters aren't as interesting as there were in the first.

Upvote 0
I didn't like it and wouldn't recommend buying. Although it's fun when you get three squads and get to kick some *** there is too much inconsistency in the game. The solo/tank parts suck pretty hard. Don't expect any improvements on enemy AI, it's still scripted to run to one point and stay there. Lots of gameplay/visual bugs. Overall feels very unpolished.

Upvote 0
I actually deployed it and fired from cover and after missing the first 20 shots or so, the 21st regularly burst the skull of an attacking German that was just running straight at me. After it was over, 18 out of 20 Germans had lost their heads. Oh well, I guess that's how it really was!

roflcopter

Upvote 0
My Special Edition arrives tomorrow, it has been confirmed.
I cant freaking wait.

Dont care what anyone says, those graphics look fine to me and i love the detail on their faces. This is gonna kick ***.

You mean this Special Edition ?

BIAHH_LE_content500x500.jpg

Upvote 0
I was really glad to see Mac Hassey back in this one he was one of my favorite characters.
Does the PC version have some kind of weird grain like filter while playing? I played both console versions and they have that bad look to them similar to what Battlefield: Bad Company and a few other games had. Still at times the game looked good on them though.
I just hope they don't go overboard with the emotions and crazy things happening keep a good story going with squad combat and no more one man army / tank missions please.

Upvote 0
Also, regarding the sequel, there are quite a lot of things that could be worked on:

1. 1st person cover system or just ditching the cover system completely in favour of more fluid movement coupled with leaning and such. If they do choose to stay with the 3rd person one, they should at least make right click bring you into IS instead of just zooming slightly because it makes shooting out of cover impossible on authentic and since such a big emphasis is placed on such an arbitrary cover system, I think they should have put more thought into it.

2. Better AI; the AI as it is just provides nice targets you can suppress and then flank or pick off. I for one would like a more dynamic AI that would try to do the same to you. Would make for much more intense and dynamic battles.

3. The maps should be less linear and the cover should look less artificial. In my opinion more freedom while moving around the map would be a great idea. Either completely or at least semi unlinear. While I thought the last chapter when you fight the FJ was the best one, it did seem really, really linear once you got into the actual village since you were constantly being guided down a single path with no chances of flanking.

4. Less or no 'solo Baker' sidequests where you have to do things on your own. If a game places such an emphasis on squad combat, it should be consistent. I didn't really find the solo parts fun at all because of the suppression system and static AI.

5. While destructable cover is nice, an even better way to improve it would be to add penetration. I just feel that doing one without the other is rather silly and pointless.

Upvote 0
Graphics were amazing, Gameplay was great (ignoring the hipshooting MG42), acting was fantastic, etc..
but game just felt like a job more then a game..
It didnt have the intensity scripting can give you and even though you (for example) were running in the streets of some dutch city under bombardement .. it wasnt exciting or frightning.
I finished the game in 2 days and it was FREAKIN EASY AS HELL.
Now im pissed off, why do they always lock the hardest difficulty level?! I dont want to play the game twice ffs.

Upvote 0