• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 5

Well, that's it for me... Though I'm a huge fan of CoD series, this is just taking the game to wrong direction. Why on earth they let Treaych make the game and as a result they ruin it?

Seriously, they are always promising realism and this is what we get? World War 2 weapons with silencers? Bull**** :mad:... Lets see what Call of Duty 6 will give us then and from what I've heard it's Infinity Ward who's responsible for CoD 6, which even sounds better because the games they have made have been the most successful.

Upvote 0
Everytime I read this thread something worse has been added to it.:D

You say it may aim at thirteen year olds, but I know it wouldn't have apealed to me. And I shudder to think what sort of retarded thirteen year or any year old would want to play this.

EDIT: same Detrionation, every game I have been looking foward to is getting scratched off the list.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Positive:

basic gameplay doesn't look too bad

Negative:
Too small map for tanks(in the vid)
dogs are ridiculous tbh.
red dot sights etc are ridicolous too. scopes on various rifles etc ok but this? :/
germans in russia with thompsons :/

still looking forward to it though, at least to trying demo/beta. SP will undoubtley be atmospheric and with COOP and (maybe) addicting MP it offers quite a lot more than most games for 50€.

*edit*

Hmm after watching the mp-gamemode vid that was posted on page 17 i think it doesn't look half as bad anymore. In fact it could be really cool without the neg. points above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Haha, oh wow. WWII comedy. You can just see they are really aiming for a carbon copy of CoD4. Dogs instead of heli / airstrike, scopes on the weapons, silencers, same graphics, and did he really blow up a tank with a Thompson? Ahahaha. It looks like that if you've played CoD4, you've played WaW. But the 13-year olds will be oblivious to that.
Well I think especcially in terms of weapon customization they could've done better. Red dot sights etc. are ridicolous obviously. Why not have some 40's-like scopes for some rifles? That would be kind of like semi-realistic at least.

Upvote 0

What a crock. If only they weren't serious. Just imagine: "... the Molotov cocktail you can cook indefinitely and then it's a one-hit kill if you slam somebody over the back [of the head] with it ..."

Already you can see people running around with these in their hands all the time, looking for someone to bash.

And then of course: drive ur tank faster "with the lead-foot perc" ... :D

Upvote 0
Imagine what cod7 will be like if these guys find any true success with this title!
Call of Duty: Clowns at War... wait, isn't that already in development?

Ya, this video made me laugh and cry at the same time. Now, granted, I was never honestly considering actually buying COD5 (money's a bit tight to be spending it on ****ty coasters) but this video really sent me over the edge. I kept trying to tell myself I didn't see a German soldier spawn into a Russian map using an American weapon... or even worse, the guy killing a tank with a submachine gun!!! WTF!? Have these guys gone off the deep end?

Upvote 0
The problem is the world is filled with people who ****ed back in 1994 and now have kids age 13. Same story for me. So there are about 25 million 13 year old kids. Which even make them sell 10 million copies with this crap....

That video is a joke. Gameplay seems a mess. I hear some english taunts but can't decide if its an Russian
or German who talks. The icons are another failure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Call of Duty: Clowns at War... wait, isn't that already in development?

Ya, this video made me laugh and cry at the same time. Now, granted, I was never honestly considering actually buying COD5 (money's a bit tight to be spending it on ****ty coasters) but this video really sent me over the edge. I kept trying to tell myself I didn't see a German soldier spawn into a Russian map using an American weapon... or even worse, the guy killing a tank with a submachine gun!!! WTF!? Have these guys gone off the deep end?

They have the nerve to say the game is "realistic" and "brutal" but the entire title is nonsense really.

Upvote 0