• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

V2 Rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchy

Jul 26, 2008
What if a v2 rocket were put into the game? That could be a scary weapon to use. It has reached a height

of 80 km (50 miles) before shutting off the engine. The warhead contained 980 kg (2,200 lb) of Amatol. On

levels like danzig, or arad, this weapon could be devastating to troops/vehicles all traveling in its flight

path.

If anyone has ever played Quake Wars,(not a good game in my opinion), It has some kind of rocket that

you can launch from your base using a laser designator, so in RO, the Commander would use binoculars and

the radio.

"From arrival at a site to firing took about 90 minutes. The crew could leave the firing site within 30

minutes. This was very successful, and an average of ten V-2s were launched per day, by far the most

large rockets of a single type. After the war, estimates showed that up to 100 V-2s could be launched per

day with these trailers, given sufficient supply of the rockets."

What if a v2 rocket were put into the game? That could be a scary weapon to use. It has reached a height

of 80 km (50 miles) before shutting off the engine. The warhead contained 980 kg (2,200 lb) of Amatol. On

levels like danzig, or arad, this weapon could be devastating to troops/vehicles all traveling in its flight

path.

If anyone has ever played Quake Wars,(not a good game in my opinion), It has some kind of rocket that

you can launch from your base using a laser designator, so in RO, the Commander would use binoculars and

the radio. ....

if you add a 'strangelove' style vengeance-weapon-rider class, i guess i'm in.

Upvote 0
I bellive this is the most hillariously bad weapon idea yet, it even beats bear cavalries and zombie robot Hitler, good show! :D

Heck, the zombie mod for CoD2 was quite popular, someone should make one for RO, complete the zombie robot hitler :p

Then use the V2's to kill 30 zombs in one hit

While we're at it, put nuclear warheads into the tips of the V2s. Why not? The nukes that would have been launched out of US missile silos during the Cold War were carried on rockets based directly of Van Braun's V2 design.

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
I bellive this is the most hillariously bad weapon idea yet, it even beats bear cavalries and zombie robot Hitler, good show!

I agree that it is unfeaseable for this game, but unlike the rest of the stuff that you grouped it with (and or compared to) the "V" ( Vengence) weapons were actually used in ww2 and caused alot of damage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree that it is unfeaseable for this game, but unlike the rest of the stuff that you grouped it with (and or compared to) the "V" ( Vengence) weapons were actually used in ww2 and caused alot of damage.

Thats hardly the point, Bear cavalries and Zombie Robot Hitler you could actually put into the game, make it some crazy zombie mod thing, it could be played and probably even fun for a few houers, but a V2!? what.. the germans would launch it and the whole red team dies? where's the fun in that? where's the point? and whats a V2 doing on the eastfront?

Its just a bad idea viewed from every angle :D

Upvote 0
TT33 said:
I agree that it is unfeaseable for this game

I alreadly stated that the idea is unfeaseable for RO anyways my point was that V-2 was produced and used in ww2 unlike the other silly stuff you grouped it.

The best you could do for RO is probably put in a static mesh perhaps for a Western front mod like DH you have a bit more leeway can go a step further since the V-2s were used against the western front allies in Antwerp or my favorite battle at the Ludendorff Bridge you could add a scripted trigger to put them in like scriped arty so they go off around the bridge more eye candy than anything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.