• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brothers in Arms HH E3 trailer

I've been playing MP for a few hours (360 version). The manual does a really poor job of explaining the objectives of the single MP mode. It's territory control... sort of. You need to either defend two positions (marked by flag poles) or "attack" them. The attacking team needs to get to the flag poles and lower the enemy's flag to put up their own (one or two persons are given a flag randomly at the start of a round). The defending team needs to kill all the attackers or defend the flags till time runs out (no respawning). If you are attacking and your flag carrier drops the flag then you have a minute to pick it up or you lose that round. I'm not 100% which side gets a tank, I think it is the attacking side. What I haven't figured out yet is if the attackers need to cap both flags or just one. It seems a lot of the time the attackers need only one flag capped to win. If this is the way it is, then more time is needed to block a cap, because the flags are always on opposite sides of the map. Though since everyone is new I guess that may be a bit premature.

The one thing that definitely needs to change is the weapons. First, it is awkward how you choose classes. There are three non-rifleman/grunt classes: squad leader, special weapon, tank crew. In player preferences you have to say which of those you do or do not want. If you say no to all then you are always rifleman/grunt. If you say yes to any, then you are randomly given that class. I have not seen class limits anywhere, so I don't know if it is random or if there are limits to certain classes.

Second, NO KAR 98K!!! :mad::confused::eek:
Only the G43 is available for Germans as a main rifle in MP (it's not even the sniper rifle for crying out loud). No sign of the M1 carbine in MP yet.

Third, damage done is pathetic. Rifles take 3 to 4 shots; SMG's and AR's take 8 to 10; and MG's take about 6. This suits long range combat, but up close it is more CS than CS itself. All spray and pray, reload, toss nade, repeat. MG's are ungodly over powered (though not when it comes to deploying them strangely enough), you better hope he has less health then you do or else the MGer will win hands down (after like 15 mins practice).

I'm having fun, but there really needs to be a balancing patch or there will be nothing but empty servers after a couple weeks. Or at least a hardcore/authentic mode for MP so guns actually do realistic damage (recoil is fine for everything except MG's).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So Realistically, MP is or most likely will suck for most of us RO fans when it is released on the PC. That is unless you are overly optimistic or can hold onto the "newness" factor for longer than normal. That is what I am getting from reading here and a few other, non-fanboy sites.

So, how does the Single Player seem to be going? If it is interesting enough and un-COD like in length (meaning of course, it is not pathetically short in length), it could still be worth it for SP if gotten on sale.

Upvote 0
FFS, i have to wait for 7 more days :\
It was supposed to come in today, had been looking forward to it all week.
Pre-ordered the collectors edition, cause i liked the idea of having a figurine of Baker.
I'm left unimpressed by the multiplayer footage seen so far though, but i suppose it's from consoles correct? PC version could loo better, but still, the gameplay seemed very MoH:Airbornish, i wish they had kept the original gamemode in.
I'm one of the seemingly few people who really enjoyed it for being different from the rest, and having actual objectives instead of raising or lowering some damn flag. Having only AI to play with be damned, at least they listen to what you tell them to do, unlike most kids just ****ing around.
Also, why no K98 in multiplayer? Seriously?

So far, the first impression of the multiplayer stuff i have seen so far, sucks horribly, though i love BiA. It used to be different and i loved it for that, seems they strayed from the path to much because of some damn noob who wants his standard goddamned deathmatch run and gunfest. Like with so many other games.
Still, i ordered it for the SP part, and from what i understand it's good.

Upvote 0
Don't judge MP from the spectator view point. There is one or possibly more glitches that cause animations to be off, jerky, and clip like crazy. However, while your playing, everything looks like it should (except when sandbags are run over by tanks, they stay solid for a few seconds after the impact). It's really strange to watch, at first I thought it was lag related. But it rarely ever lags that bad to look so weird. If you can find footage that's in first person, it will show the way things actually are.

And yes, SP does fare much better, playing on the second hardest difficulty (authentic mode is locked till you beat the game :rolleyes:), you and your enemies die very quickly. Tactics are completely different from MP, for the better. IMO it looks like SP is where you will get your money's worth.

Upvote 0
However, while your playing, everything looks like it should (except when sandbags are run over by tanks, they stay solid for a few seconds after the impact). It's really strange to watch, at first I thought it was lag related. But it rarely ever lags that bad to look so weird.

Yeh Ive ssen vids of T34 vs Tiger where models types just glitch into the next model type! No physics at all! :(

Upvote 0
Is it true that they left out this level? Shame if they have.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WUDfUcHs5pY

I remember them doing the same thing, leaving out a great looking level that they walked through on the original game. :mad:

That level is indeed missing and the graphics do not look that good throughout the game now. I beat my copy this morning on Veteran and the story is quite good, but with laggy not very good online it's boring already. This was like a good $60 movie.

Upvote 0
That level is indeed missing and the graphics do not look that good throughout the game now. I beat my copy this morning on Veteran and the story is quite good, but with laggy not very good online it's boring already. This was like a good $60 movie.

Done already? How long did it take you?

Do they have any single player type skirmish mode like #2?

Upvote 0
Done already? How long did it take you?

Do they have any single player type skirmish mode like #2?

Well it has been raining nonstop here for the last few days and I have been on vacation so I played it for hours on end. I went through Veteran mode and did everything including getting all the recon reports and kilroys on my own. The story is great! Not worth $60 though without a good online.
There is no skirmish mode at all you only get a basic CTF type mode online and that's it. The maps are also really small as well and some even have tanks. No dedicated servers either.
Hey maybe the best thing to do with this game is wait until some HD video's get released on Youtube that show the cut scenes that way you won't miss much and it will be free:D

Upvote 0