• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 5

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/207206/hands-on-report-tanks-invade-call-of-duty-multiplayer/

Well, I like the sound of this. Seems more like UO which, in my opinion, was and still is the best CoD around. Could be great fun if they do it well.

Edit: The additional armor on the tanks seems a bit excessive though. I mean, I know the crew did it and improvised as well as they could but it just seems a bit too much. On the other hand, it might actually provide a logical explanation as to why they can survive several hits from bazookas and such.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, after looking at some new screens on gamepro, I found something that doesn't really appeal to me. Apparently they didn't change the CoD4 weapon selection system so you can still have any weapon with any nation. Prepare for PPSh wielding Japanese and G43 wielding marines shooting them.
Yeah I have to admit that sounds/looks really bad. We'll see.

Upvote 0
Well, after looking at some new screens on gamepro, I found something that doesn't really appeal to me. Apparently they didn't change the CoD4 weapon selection system so you can still have any weapon with any nation. Prepare for PPSh wielding Japanese and G43 wielding marines shooting them.

Cos its a real game breaker in MW right? :rolleyes:

As long as ALL guns kill easily like in COD4 (and RO) then I dont see a problem!

Upvote 0
I'd prefer the way they did it in CoD1/2 and UO, makes more sense.

Upvote 0
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/207206/hands-on-report-tanks-invade-call-of-duty-multiplayer/

Well, I like the sound of this. Seems more like UO which, in my opinion, was and still is the best CoD around. Could be great fun if they do it well.

Edit: The additional armor on the tanks seems a bit excessive though. I mean, I know the crew did it and improvised as well as they could but it just seems a bit too much. On the other hand, it might actually provide a logical explanation as to why they can survive several hits from bazookas and such.

I really enjoyed it when I played COD at the time (before RO Ostfront). I really didn't have any other WW2 shooter to compare it to that I played. But after playing RO, I tried several times to play COD/UO, and the whole movement, combat, weapons, vehicles...just about everything seemed corny, arcady, and I did not like it at all.

The Pacific is really interesting, and of course updated graphics are always nice and I will probably get it, but if it still plays like the other CODs, I probably won't like it after the "newness" wears off. Oh, and reading about the armor perks just made the tanks seem rather annoying to me.

Upvote 0
I'm fine with picking up enemy weapons or maybe even choosing some enemy weapons when they were used in reality (like Germans having access to captured SVT40s and PPShs), but the ability to choose any weapon as any nation makes no sense in WW2 terms. It works in Modern Warfare as the weapons market today is largely globalized and special forces that MW displays like the Marines, the Spetsnaz and the SAS would hardly have any trouble acquiring enemy weapons. It would probably be harder for the generic Arabs but it still makes a whole lot more sense than Japanese soldiers using PPShs against American marines.

Upvote 0
Well of course that's why there are screens of japanese soldiers carrying PPSh41s and 30.cals

Yes thats the bit Im worried about, Japs using Ruskie weaponry!

But concerning perks, Im normally against new ideas as far as WW2 is concerned. Basically I was like, if it didnt feel like RO then I hate it!

But seeing how beautifully perks are applied in COD4, and how the game still feels totally immersive even with say... Juggernaut or Slight of Hand, Im totally convinced WaW will play great! And yes even though its made by different people!

Basically perks are there to be mastered, and used to your best advantage! And this is what creates balance!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im normally against new ideas as far as WW2 is concerned. Basically I was like, if it didnt feel like RO then I hate it!

But seeing beautifully perk are applied in COD4, and how the game still feels totally immersive even with say... Juggernaut, Im totally convinced WaW will play great! And yes even though its made by different people!

Basically perks are there to be mastered, and used to your best advantage! And this is what creates a balance!
Yeah nobody saying anything against perks just that this weapon thingy might damage the experience for some people maybe.

Upvote 0
I thought it was stupid back in the days that you had to switch "teams" (and kill yourself in the process mind you!) to get another weapon although the gamemode was Deathmatch and teams were irrelevant!
I think for Deathmatch it's definately better that everyone can freely chose their weaponry.

For team games I liked how it was broken up into allies and axis tbh. It's not a big deal that it's different now but I like it better if people have to stick to their team's weaponry. I'm pretty sure there will be servers that work like that though. Either via server settings or via mini-mods.

Upvote 0
There'l be some realism mod out there no doubt that will solve such issues!

Have faith brethren :)

Used to be the other way around though lol.
People would make mods throwing all the weapons on a pile and let everybody chose whatever they want for laughs, instead of correcting faults of developers, even if planned.

Upvote 0