• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad 7.SS Prince Eugen division

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you fail to mention the darksides of "your" unit that you so wisely choosed to portray i might help out here :

The division is infamous for its cruelty and massive atrocities committed in the area of Niksic in Montenegro :

Everything they came across they burnt down, they murdered and pillaged. The officers and men of the SS division 'Prinz Eugen' committed crimes of an outrageous cruelty on this occasion. The victims were shot, slaughtered and tortured, or burnt to death in burning houses. Where a victim was found not in his house but on the road or in the fields some distance away, he was murdered and burnt there. Infants with their mothers, pregnant women and frail old people were also murdered. In short, every civilian met with by these troops in these villages was murdered. In many cases, whole families who, not expecting such treatment or lacking the time for escape, had remained quietly in their homes were annihilated and murdered. Whole families were thrown into burning houses in many cases and thus burnt. It has been established from the investigations entered upon that 121 persons, mostly women, and including 30 persons aged 60-92 years and 29 children of ages ranging from 6 months to 14 years, were executed on this occasion in the horrible manner narrated above. The villages" - and then follows the list of the villages - "were burnt down and razed to the ground." -Dr. Dusan Nedeljkovic, Yugoslav State Commission, Document D-940.
Guess thats the normal "colateral damage" isent it....:rolleyes:

What pisses me off the most is that there is NO mention on your ( ok kinda dead ) forum about those happenings... kinda odd. I guess its more of a SS-Kids club over there....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Be that as it may...

He still has every right to make 7.SS "Prinz Eugen" as it is not a disallowed unit. I'm pretty sure that no Red Orchestra unit actually posts any of the war crimes that represented unit historically committed.

Either way, your opinion here is irrelevant :)

Good luck with your unit, Strauss!

Upvote 0
Either way, your opinion here is irrelevant :)

only to a certain extent. Blacklabel is right. The rules about realism units on this forum state clearly that each unit has to educate their members publically on the war crimes and atrocities committed by the members of the real life unit, both proven and alleged.

See here: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2161
This unit clearly fails at following the quoted section.
While no one can force you not to wear the tags or pose as such a unit, forum moderators are very likely to delete threads like this.

Upvote 0
There has been communication between Wilsonam and Karl-Strauss reagarding the rules mentioned above.

What we do not need is an argument in this topic about it.
If you are so concerned why don't you report it to us moderators? We had no report from any of you, yet you find it neccesary to post your comments here?
report and leave it up to us.

Any further posts about this units history will be deleted.
Thnx
Switch

Upvote 0
actually, i reported it
well, knowing you, when I wrote that, I suspected you did ;) , But I am at work now and have no acces to the mailaccount that handles my RO board messages.
But since no other mod acted I took the assumption, sorry for that ;)
But you were not the only one bringing up the history of the unit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Strauss: update the bloody history section (http://strauss.rabbitforum.org/7ss-history-f5/the-7ss-in-wwii-t4.htm) on the clan's website as requested, please. I already passed you a set of (non-Wiki) references on the web. It ain't that hard to do.

Everyone else: leave it alone. If they want to portray an SS anti-partisan unit, that is up to them, not you. That they follow the rules of these forums, or get banned, is up to me and the mods.

Upvote 0
It is a unit name. We did also fight the Russians. That is like saying the 1.SS killed hundreds of thousnads of people, so do not join them. This is my unit, and I am the leader. Please do not say anything bad against my unit, because it is an RO and RO mod unit. Yes, we were an anti-partisan unit in real life but we did also fight the Russians. All SS units had their bad apples, so please let it be ok. Thank you, goodbye and my regards to th RO community.

Upvote 0
"we did fight the russians"?
"we were an anti-partisan unit"?

Are you sure this is a "RO and RO mod" unit? you do know that RO is a game?

Your history section is still not updated, You can play RO all you want and in any way you want it, but if you want to recruit on this boards for a "realism"unit with a history like the 7th you will have to follow some rules, And they are not so difficult to understand.

Upvote 0
Yeah I think it quite rediculous to make them post information about "war crimes". Heer units, Russian units, and western allied units all committed warcrimes. None of them will EVER have to post information about it. Realism is about REPRESENTING the unit. We represent the good, not the bad. It's important to remember the past, but informing people of the unit's "evil" history is not necessary.

Upvote 0
If you fail to inform people and only "portray" a unit you help to water down the importance of history and what we should take and learn from it.

Realism is about REPRESENTING the unit. We represent the good, not the bad.

Right you are "representing" a unit. But a coin allways has 2 sides. Why not informing people ? The worst that could happen is that they maybe learn something....:rolleyes: Or are you afrait that people might learn "too much" ?

Maybe i just dont get whats so cool about having some 69.SS tag and playing with utter redicilous "relism rules". But maybe thats because iam german and my grandfather ( served as Kardmelder in the 1.Panzerdivion ) and my grandaunt ( served in the Waffen SS ) where really behind to giving us an insight of what happend and how people where thinking in that time and what lead to some of behaivours and such.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.