• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Latest Steam Beta - RO Mod Launch Fix

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    To join a steam beta, go to settings, opt in, and select steam client. In the latest beta released by Valve is a fix for RO mod launching from the Steam server browser, and joining friends on RO Mod servers.

9/11/2008

- Made the server sponsor URL update when viewed from GoldSrc games
    - Fixed the Subscription signup wizard paget o not allow the Finish button until you click the launch button for the signup page
    - Added a right-click "View game account" menu option for subscription based games
    - Flipped the command line arguments order for RO to be <ip> <-mod>
    - Added firewall support for Games for Windows apps
    - Fixed possible memory leak
    - When posting achievement unlocked notification, check for localized achievement strings
    - Added support for upcoming games
    - Fixed error about mss32_s.dll when launching some games
    - Includes several Steamworks API improvements for future titles

Enjoy.

WARNING - THIS PRODUCT IS A BETA. Somethings might not work, somethings might break, heads have been known to explode in outrage over stuff in a beta. Just letting you all know.

Very cool.. but any word if this means we need to do anything on our (the mod authors) part?
    I'm guessing no.. but instead of guessing, I figured I would just ask

Nope you don't have to do anything. It just fixes what was broken before. Now you can properly join servers for RO mods from the Steam server browsers (before it would just launch the mod, but not connect to the server). You can also join a server a friend is on if they are playing an RO mod.

Upvote 0
    Nope you don't have to do anything. It just fixes what was broken before. Now you can properly join servers for RO mods from the Steam server browsers (before it would just launch the mod, but not connect to the server). You can also join a server a friend is on if they are playing an RO mod.

Pretty much what I thought. Since there's a few mods, I was mostly thinking to just make it publically know to avoid having the same question asked several times in a row.

I still owe alot of you guys drinks et.al.. maybe someday it'll happen... in the mean time.. you guys track how many i owe ya :]

Upvote 0