• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Duty 5

Nah I don't wanna watch any cutscenes, if I for example would've seen the nuke explosion in cod4 before i played it myself it wouldve probably totally destroyed it. Anyways,

when I was playing with the flamethrower it did look 'good' and you could actually even set yourself in fire. You can set vegetation in fire etc which can be quite important because enemies often hide in bushes or even on trees.

Upvote 0
Holy crap did anyone notice that the 1928 Thompson shown in the video cocks on the side and NOT on the top of the gun like it should? BIG historical error.

This game, like all the previous Call of Duty's has "Meh" written all over it.

The painful linearity of the Call of Duty series is both its calling card and its greatest weakness. At least the urban environments of COD4 at least provide a somewhat credible environment for a linear game -- the jungles of the South Pacific do not. It's incredibly lame to be led along a path in a jungle that logically should have no walls.

Upvote 0
So, what's your review score then as you've apparently played it and obviously played it as a game and not a war simulator?
If you're talking to me:

I would say it's a bit like CoD/CoD2 but a bit slower pace and much more intense experience.
And from what I played(1 coop mission) I can only say that it looked and played great.

Upvote 0
If you're talking to me:

I would say it's a bit like CoD/CoD2 but a bit slower pace and much more intense experience.
And from what I played(1 coop mission) I can only say that it looked and played great.
Was talking to hockey, his post above mine.

But it's nice to see that someone who has actually played CoD5 in some capacity can comment on it like that. Thanks.

Upvote 0
At least the urban environments of COD4 at least provide a somewhat credible environment for a linear game -- the jungles of the South Pacific do not.
It worked in countless other games. Heck, it even worked in other CoD games. What's so different about the forest of the south-pacific from the forest in the Ardennes (CoD:UO)? Or the meadows in Normandy (CoD1/MoH:AA), or the desert in Africa (CoD2)?

If you don't like CoD in general, don't throw sh!t at a new entry in the series for being another CoD. Be happy at least one franchise stays true to what it is.

Upvote 0
It worked in countless other games. Heck, it even worked in other CoD games. What's so different about the forest of the south-pacific from the forest in the Ardennes (CoD:UO)? Or the meadows in Normandy (CoD1/MoH:AA), or the desert in Africa (CoD2)?

If you don't like CoD in general, don't throw sh!t at a new entry in the series for being another CoD. Be happy at least one franchise stays true to what it is.

Yeah, like CoD could go any more mainstream then it allready is :D

Upvote 0

Don't get me wrong... I've enjoyed all of the previous Call of Duty's and you could call me an honest fan of the series. I just believe it's beginning to get a bit stale. You play through the Single Player and it has a WOW effect the first time, and maybe the second. Opening up the game play and AT LEAST giving the player a few more paths to choose from would be a nice design choice.

Upvote 0
Umm actually at least in coop there sometimes were various routes so you could flank an enemy from one or the other site. They already added COOP modus(first cod game to have it), vehicles in MP, cod4-like storytelling. That's a good deal if you'd ask me.

Neither can I understand why you accuse CoD of being mainstream. It has always been more mainstream and only for a small base of players and that's just fine. CoD's strenght always were the war atmosphere, CoD4 alone had several (scripted) moments that made me really go WTF(in a positive way).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
COD5 Reichstag and Berlin Reichstag.
Notice the damage caused by the COD 5 Red Army. :confused:

Reichstag.JPG

Upvote 0
COD5 Reichstag and Berlin Reichstag.
Notice the damage caused by the COD 5 Red Army. :confused:

Reichstag.JPG
HA! Nice find! Here we have historical accuracy at its best gents...

I mean, it's not like the fact that the Russians (and other allies) practically leveled Berlin is historically significant. It's kind of disappointing that they wouldn't go the extra step to show the final battle for what it really was.

Upvote 0