• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Sgt.Rock

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2006
Texas
So I just watched this movie fairly recently and I've gotta say, it was pretty good.

Though the part that really stuck out for me was the train explosion scene (second one). When I first watched it, it seemed pretty realistic and a little big for the scene, but it turns out (after a little research) that, on their budget, they only had one take for the scene, so they used way more explosive then what was needed just to make sure. It's pretty funny knowing that the actors actually got knocked off their feet in that scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCR6bQV8DpA&feature=related At about 1:55 is where it happens :D

Last edited:
Of the lone gunslinger style you can't beat the dollers trilogy, including the aforementioned 'the good,the bad and the ugly' which is one of the greatest films of any genre.

High plains drifter as a slightly lesser known clint western- its brilliantly funny, dark and unsettling.

'Once upon a time in the west' is another epic with the classic morricone soundtrack, it's great if you can handle it's length and slow pace; the diaglogue-free opening credits alone were nearly 20 mins or something stupid. One of the best villians going.

Unforgiven was an instant classic- a great homage older westerns yet it included mythbusting that fleshed out the characters brilliantly.
If you like you 'gang' style western then one film stands head and shoulders above the rest for me- Sam Peckinpah's "The Wild Bunch"
It's just top in every department.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the Dollar movies rock. Check out Yojimbo too. It's the movie A Fistul of Dollars ripped off. Basically the same plot but with a ronin ex-smurai instead of a lone gunman.

Epic westerns:
The Big Country
The Searches
Once Upon a Time in the West

Fun flicks:
Django
The Magnificent Seven (ripped off Seven Samurai)
Rio Bravo
The Great Silence
Pat Garret & Billy the Kid

You can't leave out "Bullit"
fixed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0