• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation Alpha - Patch OUT!

Ima cop yoo eediot!

JoshuaC: I know, we're just playing around.
What I meant was what's wrong with that system? I mean, where does annoyance come into play? It's not like you would want to delay the bolting for any serious amount of time.

I liked the old system better too.

I would like it even better if there was a seperate button for bolting! You could use that to empty your rifle so you can reload it before a fight and you wouldn't have to fire the remaining shots so you wouldn't have to give away your position.
That's what I thought was the main point of having a manual bolting feature. Sure, it's nice to be able to delay the bolting so you can move a tad faster during the second it would take you to bolt but for me that was always a side-effect and RO's manual bolting made this the main point. Seemed like RnL didn't learn from RO's mistake or they just didn't want see it as a mistake like I did. Their new system is even worse because now they also removed the feeling of initiating an extra action with a button press. Not really a difference from a gameplay point of view, but it's a tiny hit on the atmosphere.

This isn't anywhere near something that would justify the complaints in this topic though. If they went from "seperate button manual bolting" to "automatic bolting" that would be a clear case of dumbing down, but this... come on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0