• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation Alpha - Patch OUT!

So I just played some more, this time as Offizier with an MP40(didnt get a chance to play as Officer with a thompson yet). And I noticed that somehow the MP40/P38 is/are rather inaccurate. It's nearly impossible to hit anything with them further away than 10m :/ I mean it's great in CQC but I'm sure it wasnt that inaccurate in RL.

It's the way the gun recoils. You can't keep the sights steady for anything while having the gun shouldered and firing. I brought this up in a suggestion on their forums but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Upvote 0
I've shot an MP-40 in real life and I can tell you that its much easier to control and much more accurate in real life. I was shooting at about 20-30m and had 5 round bursts that were the size of a human head.

I'll try to dig up the target (I kept it) so I can show it....

Edit- Now that I think about it, I've shot a Thompson as well (It was at the same shooting range in Vegas). About the same results, though noticeably more jumpy (had no problem tapping 2 round bursts in very quick succession COM at 20-30m). I think I kept the target, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
patch info

Patch on its way. Fixes that have been implemented.

WEAPONS:

K98

Tweaked K98 accuracy.

K98 auto bolts after releasing the fire button.

All

Reduced iron sight sway.

Fixed weapon switching while in iron sights.

Bug fixes for weapon animations.

Moved weapon deployment into predictable code.

Removed weapon lag on view model.

Increased weapon performance while climbing.

EQUIPMENT:

Fixed bug when checking ammo on belt. (GERMAN)

Rewrote map opening handling.

MOVEMENT:

Crouch toggle added back to options menu.

EFFECTS:

Rewrote concussion effect.

VISUAL:

Fixed view alignment issue on view model.

CHAT:

Added team chat.

SERVER:

New menu for server admins with more options.

Added team kill system for admins.

MAPS:

Both maps fixed and

Upvote 0
Not really, they sway etc on the rifles was far too much, even more sway on the rifles then there weas in ro mod, and auto bolting, if you look at the patch thread on the rnl forums, they say they will probably add it back in, they are hardly dumbing the game down, the best example of dumbing doen is with insurgency, but that mod was crap in the first place, this is good.

Upvote 0