• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour Beta Version 1.1 Released!

While we're on the GOOD for the mod discussion, tell the server admins to stop running beta maps. Tonight i tried to connect to a server or two but they were both running some Foy beta map. Downloading from the server took forever so i quit playing after a few minutes.

Sure i can go search through forums to find that particular map, download it and unzip it to the correct folder but it's just too much hassle for anyone who wants to play a quick game.

Upvote 0
While we're on the GOOD for the mod discussion, tell the server admins to stop running beta maps. Tonight i tried to connect to a server or two but they were both running some Foy beta map. Downloading from the server took forever so i quit playing after a few minutes.

Sure i can go search through forums to find that particular map, download it and unzip it to the correct folder but it's just too much hassle for anyone who wants to play a quick game.

The thing is, nearly all the maps are beta maps, even the ones released with with the mod (as they are being updated with each new update/patch), and some of the ones not released with the mod are the most popular. Foy is probably the most popular map of them all and to ask them not to run it....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Foy was released as a final version within this patch, i always thought it was best to test new maps publically before adding them to the game. that way it's easy to fix errors and bugs without having to wait untill a next patch. we have a dedicated test team, but never enough to fill a server and they will never behave like the average players will. in this update there are some new beta maps that had not been tested publically before and the result is the same again, lots of bugs and unbalanced gameplay :/

Upvote 0
I checked and the map I meant wasn't Foy but Merville Manor. That one runs good too. If someone wants to take up a server for lower-end pcs this map should be included too. That makes three now (Foy, Merville Manor, Hurtgenwald) with SchutzeSepp's new map that's four. With more to follow I am sure and I haven't played all the available ones yet so maybe there are more already. So this is far away from being a regular 24/7 server.

It would be really helpful if someone could host such a server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well i can finally play this mod now.
But i get doubles of most servers in my server list:confused:
Also any chance of more tanks on the armour map as i find it a bit of a pisser jumping in mid game and then finding all the tanks are gone.Then when they appear they get crewed and shoot off before i can jump in.So please ad more.
thanks
Also the range keys didn't work in the firefly for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well i can finally play this mod now.
But i get doubles of most servers in my server list:confused:
Also any chance of more tanks on the armour map as i find it a bit of a pisser jumping in mid game and then finding all the tanks are gone.Then when they appear they get crewed and shoot off before i can jump in.So please ad more.
thanks
Also the range keys didn't work in the firefly for me.

i suppose you are talking about cagny? we really can't add 50 tanks on such a map, and allies already get almost 3 times more tanks than the germans for balance. teamtanking or infantry is the option here, untill we get more big scale tankmaps!
and allied tanks didn't have range adjustments, you need to manually adjust the height of your barrel by estimating the distance and using the markings on the sight. once you play that way it you will feel for yourself why they always say german tanks were superior.

Upvote 0
Quality mod, but I hate the maps. the layout is fine, but the weather and general look is just so old to me I can`t stand it anymore.

Every single battle (in DH and in RO most of the times) takes place at night, when it`s foggy as ****, raining and there`s atleast 15 ****ing thunderstorms around. If it does not take place at night, the sun is blocked off cause of the durst from the invisible volcano or the clouds are so low you can sniff em, thus blocking any sunlight.

Some change would be nice.

Upvote 0
Thing is the normandy Invasion took place at night and early hours of the morning. So these maps do reflect that. Imagine the outcry from the community if we did the famous Pegasus Brdige Glider landings in broad daylight, would not go down to well, yes it would look good, but be totaly Inacurrate.

There are more Daytime maps in progress, but as someone posted making maps darker and gloomy makes the use of distance Fog for Optimisation more belivable.

Upvote 0
I am unable to connect to servers after downloading this update, I can run the new maps and see the new features in practice mode, but when I try to connect to servers it gets to the "connecting, press f10 to stop" screen, and then it freezes, and pressing f10 has no effect. I have to press escape to get out of it.

Upvote 0
Quality mod, but I hate the maps. the layout is fine, but the weather and general look is just so old to me I can`t stand it anymore.

Every single battle (in DH and in RO most of the times) takes place at night, when it`s foggy as ****, raining and there`s atleast 15 ****ing thunderstorms around. If it does not take place at night, the sun is blocked off cause of the durst from the invisible volcano or the clouds are so low you can sniff em, thus blocking any sunlight.

Some change would be nice.

The DH guys have worked very hard on this MOD along with the realism of it. It sounds to me that you should stick w/ the Arcade type games. ;)

Upvote 0
Every single battle (in DH and in RO most of the times) takes place at night, when it`s foggy as ****, raining and there`s atleast 15 ****ing thunderstorms around.

Ur, what ? I know of 4 night maps, PArtisan forest, the DH pegasus Bridge map, Carentan Causeway and this map with the soviet marines in Carpathian Crosses ... :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^^^^^^^^^^^
I trend to agree with the good doctor...no one ever claimed that RO was top notch in the graphics department but as far as large-scale maps, co-operation, lack of run-n-gun rude f-tard 12 year olds, realistic tanks, and a sense of "the front lines" RO can't be beat.

True dat.

Any word on fixing the carbine sound? Its my fave weapon but its just too loud :(

Upvote 0