• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation Alpha - Patch OUT!

* Very, very solid mod, even more for an alpha
* Movement is not more clunky then RO, it's quit the same.
* Mantling is gorgeous.
* Nade throwing distance seems small, so no nade spamming which is fine by me.
* Sounds are good and immersive, tho the german voice-actor sounds like a kidd *cough* ;)
* Models our very detailed
* Maps are really well done and make me feel being there. Lots of interesting cover possibilities.
* Voices can only be heared by players in your vicinity: enemies can hear them too. Wow, a very nice touch too.
* Hitting with a kar somethimes seems a bit fuzzy. Not sure what is causing it and I sure dont want to jump on the "Steam-engine-sucks-bandwagon" without playing it more and investigating it more.
* The differences between the kar and garand as a weapon are painfully obvious. Being a bolter will be even more hard in RL then in RO. I hope the mappers will balance this out through mapdesign.
* I prefer the melee in RL compared to RO: when I bajo an american he dies and has no chance of turning around and shooting me as if nothing happened like in RO.

So my first impressions: excellent mod.
It plays rather smooth for me, no lagging, no crashes and the pace of gameplay is very suited for old men like me.

Monk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Monk I've had Americans dead on at point blank range with the KAR and it misses, something is really wrong. It also doesn't bolt nearly fast enough, it's not the time it actually takes to bolt it's more the massive delay caused by unsighting bolting and then resighting. Before you try to tell me it's realistic I'll say I own one and can shoot it twice as fast.

The sighting controls need work as well, it's just incredibly cumbersome using the mouse wheel. I set mine to right mouse and it works fairly well clicking or double clicking to do whatever I want but it could still be better. My advice is to take a leaf out of Arma's book. In Arma you press right mouse to toggle into iron sights then from there if you press and hold right mouse it zooms your aim. How about setting it up in RNL so that if you press right mouse it toggles into shouldered mode (so if you just press it again you go back to the hip mode). While in shouldered mode if you press and hold right mouse it will go into full aiming, releasing will go back to shouldered. Might be a ***** to code but it'd be 100% more fluid.

Also I think the 'shiny' aspects of the character models need to be toned down a bit.

Upvote 0
Great alpha imo.

+weapons feel very good, especially the smgs feel much better than in RO
+overall looks have a more realistic style
+movement speeds feel about right, I also feel less "delay" compared to RO
+general pace of the game seems fine
+maps are nice and offer a decent amount of cover

-intermediate iron sights seem like a useless feature to me (except for maybe pistols)
-Kar98k bolting needs to be sped up (not the bolting but the transition from iron sights)
-hit detection seems funky at times

Upvote 0
Well I don't think so. I always seemed very awkward and slow to me because it just feels like when you stop you still carry on etc. and just feels generally rather slow. If you take CS/S or DoD/S as example if might feel a bit floatier but you have much more control(=feels more real) than in RO where I can't even jump over a 30cm wall.

LOL. CS / DoD has more control and feels more real... suuure, have it your way. :rolleyes:

I say give the player the option to choose how they would like their IS.

The intermediate IS is useless to me so I would choose to go full IS even if I was given a longer delay as a trade-off!

The pistol in semi IS seems to work alright though!

Yeah, it works fine for pistols (in fact most of my kills yesterday were with the P38 like that), but it doesn't really work with rifles. If you pull the sights up, you'll want them lined up as fast as possible. Now with this two-stage thing, it takes like two full seconds to do that. This just gets you killed.

I think it should be like this:

Right click = sights are lined up immediately, just like RO. This works even in shouldered view, so you can get full iron sights at all times.

Mouse wheel = two-stage sighting.

Furthermore it should be more smooth. There should be no zoom whatsoever, constant zooming in and out gives me a headache.

Upvote 0
LOL. CS / DoD has more control and feels more real... suuure, have it your way. :rolleyes:
Yes movement feels more real as you can control your movement much more. RO felt more like you were controlling a big truck that can't jump over 10cm obstacles and needs to stop 10m ahead of were you actually want to stop because you just kind of move on which just generally seems very slow.

I just played RnL for 1h+ and here's what I think so far:

Movement needs to be touched up a bit

K98 seems inaccurate somehow :/

Imo there should be auto-bolting because it's just really annoying and un-necessary(i know that it was me who once suggested this for ro:eek:)

the first stage ironsights are okay but i didnt really need them except for pistols when clearing a house

mantling is cool but it's very bugged as often it doesnt work or it results in animation lag. also it's a bit problematic that you can't mantle over small ostacles and so are blocked by them because there's no jump fuction.

I personally thought it would be cool to see your score because it would add some motivation, at least on the end of the round it should be displayed

Respawn times are too long(1minute wtf?). It doesn't force any 'be more careful staying alive'-effect but people will eventually stop playing. Should be more like RO here. One time it happened that I got shot and 2 seconds later I was kind of revived and respawned at the same position again LOL then shot my previous killer.

other than that its pretty good for an alpha

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:rolleyes:

Why whould you want that ? In some situations its better to get in cover before you reload/work the bolt.
Why would you have to extra-click to pull the bolt if it could also be done by an animation? If you'd have to run away the animation would simply be interrupted. Also when you're ironsighted it doesn't just bolt but you have to go out of ironsight mode again, push the bolt, go into ironsight mode again and then you're free to shoot again which takes ages.

Realism doesn't always mean having 34923059 buttons to press.

which map do you like better btw? gameplay-wise i prefer stcomedumont while atmosphere-wise lafiere, mostly because of the rain and dark sky(not at least because here in vienna its currently raining to :p)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You have to press TWO buttons. I really like how they did it. Gives you a good feel of timing ( in RO that is ).

and then you're free to shoot again which takes ages.

No its pretty fast imo. You just have to get used to it...:rolleyes:

As for RnL, and as mentioned before the movement just feels too stiff. Leaning isent far enough. ( i hate that so much in Cod, Ins ) On that part RO still feels abit more natural in its bounderies.

Upvote 0
Yes movement feels more real as you can control your movement much more. RO felt more like you were controlling a big truck that .... needs to stop 10m ahead of were you actually want to stop
ROs movement feels much more real than the movement in CS or DODS where you stop instantly when you release the w button. In reality as you should know you don

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just played for a bit, and while it has it's share of issues, it does have potential. Some things need tweaking, such as the iron sights. Two buttons are fine, but it needs to be more fluid. However, I like the movement of the player, it gives the impression that you are being burdened by equipment, and the ability to climb over walls and obstacles is cool. Hit detection also seemed fine for me. Overall, it's nice for an alpha, and I look forward to continued development.

Upvote 0
Uhh when I go with a normal speed I don't have to walk on 5meters until I stop I'm not a ship. Maybe that's different when you're fat but I can't know that. Sure it might be different about sprinting though but that wasnt really my point
Surely you need to take into account the amount of weight you carry also..
I'll have a look at the alpha some time soon. It does look very cool.

Upvote 0