• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation Alpha - Patch OUT!

Is it just me but i am having hit reg problems big time. I have been playing german a lot and I find for me at least I cannot hit anything in zoomed in ironsights, in the tactical sights I can usually kill them as long as I get first kill. Every time I get in a firefight it goes like this........... I shoot, prone in full ironsights, the american fires off 5 rounds as I rebolt.........
I have played lots of games and I dont get hit reg problems like this, is any one else getting this? Is it source related?

Upvote 0
Yes it is. RO's movement is extremely fluent compared to other games. I've said this before. For example, if you're prone and you see a grenade coming, you can quickly get up and dive behind cover. Or moving while leaning, stabilizing your weapon, etc. Although CoD4 has even smoother movement.
More screenshots in the screenshot thread. ;)
Well I don't think so. I always seemed very awkward and slow to me because it just feels like when you stop you still carry on etc. and just feels generally rather slow. If you take CS/S or DoD/S as example if might feel a bit floatier but you have much more control(=feels more real) than in RO where I can't even jump over a 30cm wall.

Upvote 0
Bet ya didn't know that Ramm used to be on that mod team back in the UT2k3 days.... God RnL has been in development for ages. It is practically the TF 2 of the modding world hehe.

But ya, it looks like they have some talented guys there now.

In regard to posts above movement I've been seeing, I know alot of people are fans of RO's movement over other games in the fps genre, and I felt constrained by RnL's. However it wasn't enough to make me dislike it. My main issues were as follows:

Tommy Gun - IS is very small, hard to target, and even harder to hit. There were several times when I felt I had one or two guys dead to rights, and due to the IS being small didn't want to pull it up, so hipped em, and they didn't go down. This could have been server related as it was a tad laggy. I just found it better to be very close to do my hipshots (10 feet or less).

Movement - As I stated earlier, I think it's a tad on the clunky side, not quite smooth.

IS - Not the greatest fan of mouse scroll IS to be honest, but I can live with it.

Grenades - Also not the greatest fan of the 2 click nade system.

Maps - A tad too linear at points. One road, no offshoots, 4 tanks as cover and 15 feet wide. It was a murder zone for the advancing Americans.

Graphics - Overall things looked well detailed, nothing to say here

Sounds - Once again, found them to do the job

Play style - Enjoyed the play style

In-game Map - Liked the in game map feature.

1911 - Loved the gun in game

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put down the mod, just giving my opinion of the state of things. When I say overall not bad and I would like to see more, it means exactly that :D

And just as a heads up UT2k3/4 mods really got shafted for bad first releases. First Troopers build for UT2k3 had about 900 players at any given time for the first few weeks. Second build had about 100, third build.... You get the idea.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, as a lead tester for the mod, I'm really glad you guys are liking what you see in this very early version of our game!

If you have comments, suggestions, complaints, PLEASE submit them to RNL's General Discussion Forum. Trust me, your ideas WILL be listened to.

The maps that were released are actually a couple of the less complete ones and you guys are going to **** your pants when you get to play St Marie Du Mont which is done, but didn't ship with the first release.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, and see you on the battlefield!

Upvote 0
I like it, it's a solid alpha. However it appears my fears about source hit detection ****ing it up are true, not the developers fault just the ****ty engine they chose, hit detection is very patchy.

It also suffers from that same issue Ins had where from your 1st person point of view you'd be aiming over cover but your rounds would in actuality be hitting the cover you were behind.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, just a word to say thanks for all the suggestions and feedback. I'm Justin, the new project lead for RnL. We appreciate all feedback (positive and negative) as it helps us find what areas we need to focus on. We're currently porting RnL to the Orange Box engine which will improve frame rates, lag and allow us to fix alot of these problems more easily than we could before. We felt before going quiet and working on the OB port, we'd give the community a taste of what's to come with RnL. Thanks for all the support. Remember to keep up with RnL at resistanceandliberation.com.

Upvote 0
All of the sounds are completely custom made by Brian Feiser, a professional sound designer. And no, I personally dont' think it sounds anything like it.

actually, one of the Garand's gunshot sounds is taken from RO, unmodified too.

[edit] hey Justin, I would appreciate it if you could tell the Steamfreinds EU server hoster to remove the max ping limit, assuming you know them of course. [/edit]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, the server booted me and I cried, cause the other server I was on was too laggy, and all you fools were in the euro server so I tried to join that.

Nice to see you stop over Justin. I might get around to registering at your forums one day, I'm just lazy when it comes to such things. Makabi that is interesting, I'll have to look for it.

Upvote 0